Love to see John Abraham at OLB (1 Viewer)

This is the kind of signing Mickey would do after the draft. If he comes here, it is for depth.

I think John Abraham is a little passed his prime, and as you already mentioned he tends to get injured

So, you think this guy could drop back in coverage? I'm not of that opinion. Just because you're a good 4-3 DE doesn't mean you can be a 3-4 OLB.

So, you think this guy could drop back in coverage? I'm not of that opinion. Just because you're a good 4-3 DE doesn't mean you can be a 3-4 OLB.

yeah, he is very light on his feet, not a heavy plodder, his move is usually speed and he is very fast , I would bring him in, see if he wants to and work him out as a LB, if he does well , sign him

At his age, given what he's accomplished over the course of his career, I doubt he's going to voluntarily come to a team as a FA and switch to OLB in a 3-4.

It doesn't matter. If he comes here it will be to play around 15-20 snaps per game, on blitz situations. He was already doing that in Atlanta.

Abraham had injury problems last year? He played a load of snaps for the Falcons, the problem is he wants an insane amount of money, and is likely at the point that he is merely a pass rusher only. It would be nice if he lasts until after the draft giving him a dose of reality, and we can sign him to a reasonable deal. He and Galette pass rushing from opposite sides in Nickel would be unbelievable.

He played OLB as a Jet in a 3-4 system, but that is also why he left the Jets to come to Atlanta. He wasn't happy about it and wanted to be a 4-3 DE (which at that point in his career was a smart move).

Abraham will go to a contending team with a 4-3.

Not to an ex-rival coming off a 7-9 season and boasting a new 3-4 defense loaded with the same bad players from last year's defensive debacle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom