Lovie Smith as our D.C or Romeo Crennel? (1 Viewer)

Smith runs a Tampa 2 defense and not a 3-4. Crennel would be a good fit.

Because we're running a 3-4, Romeo Crennel all the way. If we stayed a 4-3, then Lovie would be the one.

Dont understand why Lovies name keeps coming up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, it's been discussed repeatedly that 1: he's not a 3-4 guy and 2: he said a week ago that he wanted to take a season off then pursue another HC job. Not that coaches always keep their word, but the 3-4 thing alone should discount any thoughts of him being brought in.

Lovie only wants a HC job. he's either a HC or sitting out this year.

The real question with both coaches may be that were head coaches. After GW contractually had the right to run his defense as he wished and may have been the reason for Bountygate, it will be interesting to see if SP hires another former head coach who may have strong ideas or an assistant coach who will take direction from SP.

This is far from a 2 man race, IMO. There are plenty of potential candidates out there to consider. The fact that Payton stated they will take their time with this search is probably a good indication that it won't be a big name hire such as Lovie Smith or Romeo Crennel.

I'm of the opinion that he may want to go with an up-and-comer that may not be getting a lot of talk in the media. But I could be wrong.

Besides, who is to say either of those guys will "settle" for a DC position?

I read a bunch heard a few rumors we were looking at Alabama D.C, Honestly ive seen crazier stuff go down in the league lovie has single handily made every team hes been on defense better. For a great opportunity i don't think it would matter especially when you have a offense so great anything goes Sky's the limit. We shall see.

Romeo, oh Romeo. Where art thou, oh Romeo. You were all thinking it but didn't want to say it, now don't red thumb me for pointing out the elephant in the room.

Why do people keep thinking Lovie Smith will accept a DC job? Hasn't he already season he's holding out for a HC position even if he has to sit out for a year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom