Lovie Smith plans to sit out 2013 season (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking it's pretty smart.
1. He holds out for the position he wants.
2. Coaches get burnt out and they just don't have much options to get recharged. Their offseason is so short. What better way to get a recharge and see the game from a different perspective? It's been almost a decade of the constant grind.
3. He'll command a nice salary next year.

Lovie Smith is only looking at HC opportunities for the 2014 season. Should be at least 5 job vacancies (Panthers, Jets, Cowboys, Redskins, Bengals) then and he should be at the very top of that list

Personnally I dont care for Lovey Smith. professionally I think he could help as a D coordinator. So good for him sit this year out because I really don't like you and I dont want you here in New Orleans. Just my H.O.

Lovie Smith is only looking at HC opportunities for the 2014 season. Should be at least 5 job vacancies (Panthers, Jets, Cowboys, Redskins, Bengals) then and he should be at the very top of that list

Throw the Bucs in there. They started having 'NFL players vs College Coach' meltdown last season. If it continues or gets worse, with more players speaking out...he will be gone as well.

Why would Gruden go to the Cowboys? Not only would he have to deal with Jerrah, but they also have no pieces in place to do anything.

Also, why would Washington fire Shanahan next season? They had a great season this year when everyone was expecting them to have another down year.

Why would Gruden go to the Cowboys? Not only would he have to deal with Jerrah, but they also have no pieces in place to do anything.

Also, why would Washington fire Shanahan next season? They had a great season this year when everyone was expecting them to have another down year.

Yeah, I saw Washington in there and wonder what was in the pipe, but declined to call him on it.

Well, considering there are no more heading coaching positions available and the only 2 DC jobs available are both switching to the 3-4, I'd say his decision was pretty much made for him.

Gruden got his ring coaching someone else's team...That's where he's likely to go, a team that is already built and ready, cause he really didn't do anything after that Super Bowl. Tampa Bay never had a QB under him and they would go 4-12 and then 10-6 the next year very un-predictable. I don't see him going to Dallas, and why would Dallas want him to begin with? They seem satisfied with Garrett even though Jerrah is making sure as hell he is a failure of a coach like everyone before him by playing the GM role.

Shanahan is not going to last in Washington. If he gets RGIII killed, guarantee he gets fired. He should have been fired for that playoff game, keeping him in there injured. He probably really messed up that kid's career by not taking him out of the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom