Low cost Pass Rushers still available: Justin Zimmer, Matt Ioniddis, Victor Ochi (1 Viewer)

5)
Justin Zimmer stands out
- Whether it was during offensive and defensive line 2-on-2s, or during the live portion of team drills, Justin Zimmer could not be stopped by the backup offensive lineman he went up against. Zimmer tore through and helped his 2-on-2 team win all four reps of the drill. It was mostly him and reserve defensive lineman Casey Walker working together to beat the likes of Fernando Velasco, Robert Kugler, and Ryan Groy. However, Zimmer also got some run against the first-team, and helped Jerry Hughes defeat the right side of the starting offensive line Jordan Mills and John Miller, and then he and Walker beat the likes of Groy, Eric Wood, and Miller on the very next rep. In the live goal line drill, Zimmer stuffed Jonathan Williams one yard out from the goal line. It’s going to be an uphill climb for him to make the team, but the practice squad is looking more and more likely if he doesn’t make the 53-man roster outright.

7 Bills training camp observations: Day 6 (8/5/16) - Story

I remember you stealing Zimmer from me in the official SR Mock Draft. He can be a special player and would be a great backup for Cam.

LB Marcus Rush is stashed on the 49ers practice squad after dominating in preseason.

While we're talking practice squad guys. We need TE/FB Dan Vitale on this roster. His speed and versatility would be dominate in this offense. Plus his route running is stunning for a big man.

I remember you stealing Zimmer from me in the official SR Mock Draft. He can be a special player and would be a great backup for Cam.

LB Marcus Rush is stashed on the 49ers practice squad after dominating in preseason.

While we're talking practice squad guys. We need TE/FB Dan Vitale on this roster. His speed and versatility would be dominate in this offense. Plus his route running is stunning for a big man.

Revenge for you stealing Jatavis brown from me. Lol.

Brown is actually slated to start seeing a lot more time now too. Chargers' Jatavis Brown: Could see additional time at inside linebacker - CBSSports.com

Wasn't Vitale the kid from northwestern?

On offense, developmental splitends like Keyarris Garrett, Mitch Matthews, and Moritz Boehringer are at the top of my list.

From what little I saw of zimmer it seems that buffalo played him a lot at 3-4 end.

I think that he can play there but i think his skills were too raw at this point to make the team there. He likely has a better chance at refining his craft at 4-3 end before rounding out his game in a 3-4.

His strength and quickness compares to Justin Smith but Smith played a lot standing up in space in a 2 point stance, shooting gaps, and running stunts under Fangio. They had Zimmer playing more traditional hand in the dirt style 5-tech and not utilizing his quickness.

Shaneil Jenkins, Jonathan Bullard, and Destiny VAeao are all making me look good right now. I just need some team to make a player out of Zimmer to complete the sweep of d-linemen in this draft.

Stephen Weatherly is available on the Vikings PS. He's a sleeper I was tempted to take a flier on. We're in dire need of pass rushers.

6'4
34.5" arms
267 lbs
10.25" hands
4.61 40 yd
23 reps
31.0" vertical
117" broad

Ochi is a baller. Sure, I'd take a flier on him too. Size notwithstanding, the guy can play.

At CB, KeiVarae Russell is another player who was available. Think it was Cincinatti that claimed him on waivers - but we passed on him. ? Still don't think that was a wise decision.

Brown is actually slated to start seeing a lot more time now too. Chargers' Jatavis Brown: Could see additional time at inside linebacker - CBSSports.com

On offense, developmental splitends like Keyarris Garrett, Mitch Matthews, and Moritz Boehringer are at the top of my list.

Hahha. Yeah we went back and forth on stealing draft picks lol.

I was lucky again this year. My whole draft class made their original rosters. And 6 of 7 are either starters or key reserves.

23 - 22 Redskins - WR Josh Doctson
43 - 52 Falcons - LB Deion Jones
45 - 14 Raiders - S Karl Joseph
54 - 58 Steelers - CB Sean Davis
86 - 144 Broncos - OL Connor McGovern
110 - 175 Chargers - ILB Jatavis Brown
190 - 216 Cowboys - RB Darius Jackson

The exception is RB Darius Jackson. He is a solid prospect, but with a top 10 pick ahead of him I doubt he ever gets a shot.

PS- I love Deion Jones. And he is starting for the Falcons tonight. So I have to root against my guy lol.

That's Vitale. I'm convinced that Tampa doesn't know how to use his skills because he is a tweener.

I like all 3 of those WR's. I was most surprised by Boehringer's cut. He got a lot of predraft hype. Normally those guys are hard to stash on practice squads. Did he do anything in preseason?

I was most surprised by Boehringer's cut. He got a lot of predraft hype. Normally those guys are hard to stash on practice squads. Did he do anything in preseason?

No, not a single catch in the preseason. He made it through waivers, so all 31 clubs passed on him.

There's just too much to learn, it'll take a couple years before he'll be ready. But when he is, and if he remains healthy, he could be something special.

No, not a single catch in the preseason. He made it through waivers, so all 31 clubs passed on him.

There's just too much to learn, it'll take a couple years before he'll be ready. But when he is, and if he remains healthy, he could be something special.

Boeringer played 9 offensive snaps this preseason. Not much tape to evaluate. Feels like a stash move. I hope he succeeds. What a great story.

So if you were going to pick up one of these guys who would you release? Rankins will come back on the active roster shortly. Jenkins is the only one I could see us releasing or Gwachum bc he still may be a PS candidate. Offensively, you'd have to consider Coleman though he is showing some improvement but may not progress. I'd like to see the WRs brought in on a tryout basis and Justin Zimmer. I think Ionnidis would be just as good as Jenkins who is a FA after this year anyway. Might as well get the young folks get the reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They already cut Zimmer weeks ago after he failed at tackle and fb. I think that his best position is end because of his quickness. They might have been reluctant to play a 300lb guy at end but Justin smith played at about 295 later in his career. I think the kid needs another shot at that position. Shaneil Jenkins was cut too but was looking to be Dallas's second best pass rusher before he got hurt.

You are prescient.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom