Low cost Pass Rushers still available: Justin Zimmer, Matt Ioniddis, Victor Ochi (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Before looking ahead to next year's draft I would still like to point out players on other teams' practice squads or rookie free agents who are still capable enough to have an impact down the road without investing a high pick.

Justin Zimmer of Ferris state was the most athletic DL to enter this years draft but he played out of position in Buffalo at DT and at fullback. If signed i think that his best position would be at defensive end like Justin Smith or Willie Whitehead. I have no clue as to why a player so talented doesn't have a job at this point.
https://youtu.be/ZsQr0X6EsF8

Victor Ochi's game is very similar to Junior Gallete and like Gallete is spending his first year on the Jets PS. He is good enough to become a complete starter down the road and teams should probably look into signing him to an active roster.

Matt Ioniddis is a practice squad player for the Redskins who is a very good pass rushing NT who needs developing.

Pass rushers are hard to come by and when you get an opportunity to pick some up cheap you take it.

Two other sleepers that I chose in the official draft, Shaneil Jenkins and Destiny Vaeao excelled for the Cowboys and Eagles and are looking to have big impacts in the next year or so. Vaeao even has a sack so far. I think that Zimmer needs another shot at De like Shaneil Jenkins got in Dallas after being cut by Denver.

We picked up Lampman, so our scouts should be familiar with Zimmer. I wanted him in the 7th. I think if we tried to claim him, Buffalo would unfortunately move him to the active roster. They likely can't afford to give him up after losing Shaq Lawson.

We picked up Lampman, so our scouts should be familiar with Zimmer. I wanted him in the 7th. I think if we tried to claim him, Buffalo would unfortunately move him to the active roster. They likely can't afford to give him up after losing Shaq Lawson.

They already cut Zimmer weeks ago after he failed at tackle and fb. I think that his best position is end because of his quickness. They might have been reluctant to play a 300lb guy at end but Justin smith played at about 295 later in his career. I think the kid needs another shot at that position. Shaneil Jenkins was cut too but was looking to be Dallas's second best pass rusher before he got hurt.

Any cornerbacks?

Possibly.

I'll have to check my old rankings.

It's been a rough year for cb injuries. Even William Jackson who i wanted with the first pick got injured already.

I'd forgotten all about Victor Ochi.

We played the Ravens and everything and don't remember seeing him.

Funny because he had a sack that game. It was likely his best outing of the preseason. He then hurt his shoulder and signed with the jets.

Had a feeling it would be something like that. I still remember him looking nigh unblockable at the Shrine game? Either way. Hard to get over him barely being 6'1" though.

Edit: Speaking of the draft.

Marlon Mack.

I want everyone to remember that name. Running back from USF. It's like the ultimate football player name...and he's also a very, very good player.

Had a feeling it would be something like that. I still remember him looking nigh unblockable at the Shrine game? Either way. Hard to get over him barely being 6'1" though.

Edit: Speaking of the draft.

Marlon Mack.

I want everyone to remember that name. Running back from USF. It's like the ultimate football player name...and he's also a very, very good player.

Galette was only 6-2 and Dumervill was 5-11.

Ochi definitely seems to have the edge skills to succeed despite his size.

Karlos Williams would be a nice addition at rb after he finishes his 4 game suspension.

They already cut Zimmer weeks ago after he failed at tackle and fb. I think that his best position is end because of his quickness. They might have been reluctant to play a 300lb guy at end but Justin smith played at about 295 later in his career. I think the kid needs another shot at that position. Shaneil Jenkins was cut too but was looking to be Dallas's second best pass rusher before he got hurt.

Okay, he was on their PS, according to Google when I checked earlier today. I see he isn't listed, and the Bills only have five defensive linemen on the roster. I can't believe he's walking the streets so soon.

Okay, he was on their PS, according to Google when I checked earlier today. I see he isn't listed, and the Bills only have five defensive linemen on the roster. I can't believe he's walking the streets so soon.

Yeah me either.

For now I've been following his mom and dad's twitter. At the very least he looks like he would be a solid run stopping 4-3 end early on. I think that he is worth developing.

Remember that even La'roi Glover was waived by Oakland as a rookie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom