Low: LSU 'not that far away' from another title (1 Viewer)

killah

Very Bland
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/SEC/post/_/id/9796/lsu-not-that-far-away-from-another-title

“A lot of people are sleeping on coach Miles. A lot of people are sleeping on us,” LSU running back Stevan Ridley said. “We’ve had the athletes here the last couple of years. We just haven’t been able to put it together. We lost a quarterback (Ryan Perrilloux) we thought we were going to have and a freshman had to come in and play for us. That set us back a little bit.

“But we have the players here. There’s no doubt about that. The games we lost last year were close games. We’re right there. I know we lost a lot of players, but I honestly think we’re going to be a better team. Nobody’s spot is guaranteed, and we’re hungry to get back to where LSU is supposed to be."

Senior middle linebacker Kelvin Sheppard was around to taste the national title in 2007. He's determined to taste it again.

lolz...

Kidding, I always root for LSU when I'm not watching Dan Hawkins rip Boulder to shreds.

I think last year was essentially Perilloux's (sp) year. So him leaving ruined the QB process and basically ruined last year. It's really a toss-up at this point.

The talent is not the problem. It's the chronic lack of discipline that seems to become a worse problem every year.

As a Tigers fan I'm furious that we'll be stuck with Les Miles for the duration. I certainly would expect though that any player would only say positive things about his coach if for no other reason than for his future prospects in the pro ranks.

I truly doubt that a Les Miles coached team will have a prayer at another title even with the incredible talent that LSU is able to sign from year to year.
I will be delighted to eat a truckload of crow if I am wrong in regards to coach Miles.

But I feel certain I won't be picking any feathers from my teeth on this one.

its not gonna happen until we get rid of this vanilla defense and we get a qb that can post better numbers than 7/23 93 yds 1 int

Watching that scrimmage it looks like LSU is in for another long season.

its not gonna happen until we get rid of this vanilla defense and we get a qb that can post better numbers than 7/23 93 yds 1 int
Vanilla defense? Top 10 in scoring defense, Top 20 in passing efficiency defense and Top 25 in total defense under a new defensive coordinator is pretty damn good and it's only going to get better in Chavis' second year. Also, Matt Mauck threw four or five interceptions in the LSU Spring Game in 2002-2003 on his way to a BCS Championship.

Clearly these are not accurate indicators of how LSU's season will turn out.

Vanilla defense? Top 10 in scoring defense, Top 20 in passing efficiency defense and Top 25 in total defense under a new defensive coordinator is pretty damn good and it's only going to get better in Chavis' second year. Also, Matt Mauck threw four or five interceptions in the LSU Spring Game in 2002-2003 on his way to a BCS Championship.

Clearly these are not accurate indicators of how LSU's season will turn out.

MLU I highly doubt you were defending Mauck like you are defending JJ.... Are you being optimistic or do you really believe in JJ ???

I hope your right and we are wrong....

I'm not defending JJ so much as I am willing to be realistic and give the guy a chance.

They'll be good next year. Probably another 3-4 loss season.

I'm just not sure LSU is better then Bama or Florida again yet. A lot of other SEC teams are going to be better next year as well.

What LSU doesnt realize is that while Miles buyout is the reason he is still in Baton Rouge, the money he is going to cost this program in the long run will far outweigh what it would cost to get him out of town asap. LSU is one more season away from stepping back from powerhouse status. The guy has had the elite of the elite players. Im a fan, but to have this many top tier recruiting classes, Miles just doesnt know how to transition star recruits into elite college talent. You cant convince yourself that this isnt a problem.

Jefferson is a player that needs a lot of coaching, this is something he just wont get from Miles. LSU needs to find a cerebral leader at qb, a guy who doesnt need to be coddled. LSU won both championships with game manager QBs who let the athletes make the plays. Ill be pulling for the team, but I just think Miles is a perpetual lame duck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom