Lower expectations now (1 Viewer)

I have a feeling Lattimore's absence will really show up this week against Evans and Godwin. But let's let things play out. We couldn't have predicted last week. So I'm not going to predict our success/failure moving forward.l

We also didn't predict going unbeaten without Brees, either, so I'm with you. In today's NFL, you really don't know what you'll see until you see it.

Image result for oh no we suck again

I'm not saying that the exaggerated cause for concern is merited, but a loss to a 1-7 team (division opponent or not), two injuries to 2 significant players, and the magnification of the uncharacteristically low effectiveness of our offense definitely is worth pause. Right?

For the better part of a decade, we've been an ELITE offensive machine and that is not an exaggeration. We haven't exactly been that, thus far, for "obvious reasons", but while we haven't been ELITE, we still are pretty damn great. With the loss of key OL, defensive backfield shuffling, and the possibility of no improvement from the receiving core, as a fan, you kind of have to be concerned, at least a little.

Having said all that, I'm pretty confident we'll make the playoffs. I'm just not sure what shape we'll be in to go the distance.

I have a feeling Lattimore's absence will really show up this week against Evans and Godwin. But let's let things play out. We couldn't have predicted last week. So I'm not going to predict our success/failure moving forward.l
Nightmares thinking about PJ on Evans or Godwin:) Apple is a good DB2. I look for high scoring in this game.

I bet you thought worse when Drew went down. LOL!!!

From the same OP that brought us these insightful threads earlier this year...

Oh Wise One, please look into your crystal ball again for us... ?

:theclown:

The gloom and doom posts continue...……………….incredible just incredible.

Folks see a little adversity and they lose their damn minds...

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Several people were saying the same thing when we lost to Dallas, Tampa, and Carolina in the closing weeks of the 2009 season.

You know, that season we ended up winning the SuperBowl...

Lower Expectations my Arse... Stop wallowing in the dirt. This season, adversity has done NOTHING but make this team better.

The only thing that really distresses me is that the Falcons are the ones who has us reacting like this. The bleeping Falcons! ?‍♀️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom