LSU’s HC Next Year Will Be… (1 Viewer)

I could live with Dabo, but I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about him either. I don't want Lane Kiffin either. Whoever the new coach is, I'm not interested in controversy and a circus.
I just see too many similarities between Dabo and Urban. That may be unfair, but my gut tells me about quacking ducks and all that.

As far as Kiffin, these are hilarious. As a 10-year resident of Alabama, I can confirm the first video is accurate (give it about a minute to get to the part about Kiffin).

***Bleeped, but not completely, so treat as NSFW***

I’ve watched a few Baylor games this year, and Aranda is at the top of my list. He’s not a colorful character like Miles and Orgeron. His demeanor seems like a milder form of Saban. Always in control and staying even keel. I don’t know how the average LSU fan would feel, but I think Dave was well like by fans in general.

I’ve watched a few Baylor games this year, and Aranda is at the top of my list. He’s not a colorful character like Miles and Orgeron. His demeanor seems like a milder form of Saban. Always in control and staying even keel. I don’t know how the average LSU fan would feel, but I think Dave was well like by fans in general.
He or Mel Tucker.

I just finished the Mich/mich st game. Spartans fought the entire time. Not blessed with overwhelming talent (except for RB who destroyed Mich today), but just never quit. Came back from down 17 to win.

Mark of a good coach is having your kids believe they are good enough. Tucker did that today.

He or Mel Tucker.

I just finished the Mich/mich st game. Spartans fought the entire time. Not blessed with overwhelming talent (except for RB who destroyed Mich today), but just never quit. Came back from down 17 to win.

Mark of a good coach is having your kids believe they are good enough. Tucker did that today.
That and Tucker beat Michigan last year too. 2-0 vs your big brother in state rivals is gonna get a lot of attention.

Sorry, you can’t have him. He’s already ascending to legend status here in year 2.

Last edited:
Scott Rabalais article. He lists the top 3 of Jimbo, Lincoln Riley and Mel Tucker. He breaks down all 3. Its paywalled, but there's a way around that by pressing the Esc key while the page is loading. :)

With three weeks remaining in the regular season — and presumably not much more time than that remaining in LSU's search for a football coach — a short list of top candidates has emerged.

The three names to watch: Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher, Michigan State's Mel Tucker and Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley.

This doesn't mean that one of those three is guaranteed be the guy who's introduced at LSU sometime in December next to a beaming Scott Woodward. This is a coaching search, after all, and things change quickly. As of recently, LSU’s athletic director was considering at least five favorites. But Fisher, Tucker and Riley are the ones most likely to have to say yes — or no — first.

Scott Rabalais article. He lists the top 3 of Jimbo, Lincoln Riley and Mel Tucker. He breaks down all 3. Its paywalled, but there's a way around that by pressing the Esc key while the page is loading. :)

If I had to pick one of those 3, I'd go with Tucker, with Riley second.

If I had to pick one of those 3, I'd go with Tucker, with Riley second.

I dont get it.

Riley would literally be the homiest home run hire of them all.. better than Saban or Dabo, et al becuase Riley is the gold standard for up and coming young coaches who have been thought to be on the cusp of greatness for several years, and at a program like LSU, he would truly flourish…. That said, out of those three id put Tucker at #2, then Jimbo a very distant third.. but after Riley, at 1a and 1b, I’d persaonally put Napier and Aranda, id have a difficult time choosing between those two guys.

I'm still on the Aranda bandwagon, but Lincoln Riley would be a great hire. The thing with him is how long does LSU have him? Would he use LSU as a stepping stone to the NFL, like Saban did? I know we can't let possibilities like that deter from who to hire, but I feel like we would be dealing with the "will he or won't he go to the NFL" on a seasonal level once he has success. I mentioned before, but the Cowboys strongly considered him before hiring McCarthy. And seeing Kliff Kingsbury, Sean McVeigh and Kyle Shanahan's success, he would be right there with them as young up-and-coming coaches.

I'm still on the Aranda bandwagon, but Lincoln Riley would be a great hire. The thing with him is how long does LSU have him? Would he use LSU as a stepping stone to the NFL, like Saban did? I know we can't let possibilities like that deter from who to hire, but I feel like we would be dealing with the "will he or won't he go to the NFL" on a seasonal level once he has success. I mentioned before, but the Cowboys strongly considered him before hiring McCarthy. And seeing Kliff Kingsbury, Sean McVeigh and Kyle Shanahan's success, he would be right there with them as young up-and-coming coaches.

Yeah ive always figured Riley’s next move would be Cowboys HC.. but now they have that wunderkind Kellen Moore in house, though he may be gone shortly .. i actually think the risk reward prop would be better with Napier or Aranda than with Riley, but of course Riley would be much splashier.

Yeah ive always figured Riley’s next move would be Cowboys HC.. but now they have that wunderkind Kellen Moore in house, though he may be gone shortly .. i actually think the risk reward prop would be better with Napier or Aranda than with Riley, but of course Riley would be much splashier.
Well, out of all the options out there, I think I'd most want Aranda. Leave Napier alone, haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom