LSU’s HC Next Year Will Be… (3 Viewers)

Jimbo may have just become more available than previously thought. I’m pretty sure A&M fans aren’t really happy with his job this year.

Jimbo may have just become more available than previously thought. I’m pretty sure A&M fans aren’t really happy with his job this year.
Fans are never happy... except maybe for that 36 hours immediately after you beat Bama.

Here, I'll say it. Jimbo would be a terrible hire. Each of his last 5 seasons are going to end with a lower ranking at the end of the season than to start the season. FSU was on the verge of collapse in his final season and he left the program in ruins. He hasn't had a respectable QB since Jameis and he would be hired based on his name and the coaching tree he came from.

I would rather look for an up and coming future great and fail than succeed by hiring a guy that leads us to 5 straight seasons of top 15 teams and no playoff wins which I believe is Jimbo's future here if we are lucky.

Here, I'll say it. Jimbo would be a terrible hire. Each of his last 5 seasons are going to end with a lower ranking at the end of the season than to start the season. FSU was on the verge of collapse in his final season and he left the program in ruins. He hasn't had a respectable QB since Jameis and he would be hired based on his name and the coaching tree he came from.

I would rather look for an up and coming future great and fail than succeed by hiring a guy that leads us to 5 straight seasons of top 15 teams and no playoff wins which I believe is Jimbo's future here if we are lucky.
Indeed. I'm not interested in Jimbo...at all.

What about Josh McDaniel? He has HC experience, is doing pretty well under Belichek as the OC, making Mac Jones look like a world beater. I'll bet he could get some good advice from Belichek as to some coordinators.

Is Josh McDaniels a good recruiter? He only has 1 year of college coaching experience, and that was as a grad assistant in 1999. Maybe X's and O's he's qualified, but college coaches have to be able to recruit to build their program. That's probably why Joe Brady wouldn't be considered, he said he despises recruiting.

I think he has a fairly good rep, that should count for a lot when recruiting.

Indeed. I'm not interested in Jimbo...at all.
I can't understand all the inside talk about Jimbo.
But perhaps the Woodward/Fisher connection is all they want to talk about. :shrug:

I can't understand all the inside talk about Jimbo.
But perhaps the Woodward/Fisher connection is all they want to talk about. :shrug:
I really don't know or much care what insiders are saying, but just from being on the outside looking in, I don't see Jimbo being a good fit for LSU. But that's just my own semi-informed opinion.

I think he has a fairly good rep, that should count for a lot when recruiting.
Yeah I get his rep, especially having coached under Belicheck for so long. There has to be appeal there. But recruiting is more than having that rep. Does he have the ability to talk to kids, talk to them in terms they understand, have an ability to sell the program and convince them and their parents that LSU is the right fit for them? There's a lot of "selling" that goes into recruiting, establishing contact, maintaining contact, connecting with the recruit, etc.

Yeah I get his rep, especially having coached under Belicheck for so long. There has to be appeal there. But recruiting is more than having that rep. Does he have the ability to talk to kids, talk to them in terms they understand, have an ability to sell the program and convince them and their parents that LSU is the right fit for them? There's a lot of "selling" that goes into recruiting, establishing contact, maintaining contact, connecting with the recruit, etc.
That I don’t know. I’m sure an interview with him and the right questions would shed some light on it.

Yeah? Well fork you, Jimbo...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom