LSU’s HC Next Year Will Be… (2 Viewers)

I wholeheartedly agree. But what makes the task of getting a top guy now is all the bucks we threw at Orgeron after the 2019 season.

As stated above, I’m not in favor of necessarily getting rid of O this year , though i retain the right to change my mind based on new information/losses.. but please don’t use the old ‘buyout clause is too expensive’ reason to not get rid of him.. people said that year after year about Les while he continued to erode the program.. i realize O has a higher buyout than Les, but it goes down every year, and TRUST ME when I tell you that almost no amount of money is too high for LSU/TAF to pay if they want him out… Would the optics be great? Of course not, but that’s never stopped anyone before, and it won’t this time IF it comes to that.

ETA and be honest, after that win over Clemson you too would have said Pay the man whatever he wants! .. which I would have said too.. and which LSU promptly did.

ETA and be honest, after that win over Clemson you too would have said Pay the man whatever he wants! .. which I would have said too.. and which LSU promptly did.
Even after the win over Clemson I thought he was getting too much, too soon.
I knew that it was Aranda, Brady, and Burrow who really made Orgeron and I would have preferred that he prove he could keep the ball rolling without all those guys making him a winner.

But I agree that millions of dollars in payout money means nothing when the school makes 10 times more than that for each game. I just hope that the school & the TAF is ready to take the hit soon and not let this mistake play out too long.

Last edited:
Im of the opinion that O is fine this season, unless they just suck and lose out and aren’t competitive. But since names are being mentioned whats the thought on Brent Venables? I remember watching a press conference with him before the LSU/OU BCS championship game way back, and being impressed with him. And he’s done well at Clemson obviously. I dont know him well enough to understand if he’s head coach material.

LSU‘s coach next year will not be Orgeron, barring some sort of miracle finish. Wheels in motion.
Thank you. :9: I will certainly sleep a lot better after the loss we're gonna get in Lexington this Saturday night.

LSU‘s coach next year will not be Orgeron, barring some sort of miracle finish. Wheels in motion.

Sanity…. Thank you…. I think it’s reasonable to plan on replacing him for *next* season.. i think calling for his head tomorrow, or next week, is short sighted…. I think we can all agree that lots can go really right, or really wrong, in Kentucky, vs Florida, or in any other game.. This team was schizophrenic under Miles, and even now under O i could see it pulling out a game it has no business winning, or two.. just like i could see it getting dominated by an inferior squad.

Would LSU consider Dave Aranda? I know some posters here thought he was the head coach in waiting. He's at Baylor, but LSU is a step up from Baylor, no offense to any Bears on the board.

Would LSU consider Dave Aranda? I know some posters here thought he was the head coach in waiting. He's at Baylor, but LSU is a step up from Baylor, no offense to any Bears on the board.

I have seen Aranda on many Top Ten lists.. i think going from a spectacular tenure at LSU to HC at Baylor, doing well there then back to LSU is a great resume..IMO much better than a retread like Jimbo or Urban…. To me the only unknown about Aranda is his personality.. is he a great recruiter? I truly dont know, but he def has the X’s and Os down, and i could see us becoming a stalwart defense again… i might put Fickell and Napier ahead of Aranda though since theyve been actual head coaches for a while and had prolonged success.. honestly though, i think those three are my top choices.

I don't know anything about Billy Napier except he's the Cajuns head coach. If this article is remotely accurate, then I'm impressed with him and his desire to do it his way.

Well, if you are going to judge the man in a game against the best team in college, that is dominating everyone they play, then he may as well hang it up, there's no hope.
I’m with you on that point.
But I think the judgment comes waaaaay before the Bama game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom