LSU’s HC Next Year Will Be… (2 Viewers)

I keep reading how LSU is a top coaching destination but I’m not so sure. The position was declined by several coaches, maybe indirectly by extending their own deals. Even Aranda stayed. I think we were all in on Riley and got caught by surprise. If Brian Kelly doesn’t come here where would LSU be this week? It’s hard to get a top tier coach when you fire a coach 2yrs removed from a championship. These guys are looking for stability as much as a shot at a Championship. When you have the money LSU is willing to throw at a coach anything is possible. I just don’t get the impression coaches were beating down our door.

And, I’m very excited Brian Kelly is going to coach LSU. He’s very competent.

Edit: Also reading this morning a Lincoln Riley interview saying he was never offered the position at LSU. I don’t think this is true. He’s trying to save face because he didn’t want Oklahoma to know he was in negotiations prior to their big game. He said USC contacted him Sunday morning and things moved quickly. BS.

Last edited:
I don’t think we were really going after Riley, but even if we were, choosers can be losers. Riley cannot coach the level of D needed to win in the SEC. Kelly is a better all-around coach with a stronger resume. His age means nothing. He’s obviously still hungry for the championship that has eluded him. Saban has done quite well post-60.

5yr/75M, 15per??? Reported by 24/7.

Last edited:

Spoiler: They bigly mad

Good grief...dat board doe....for all the $$$ and brains ND claims, that message board looks like Beta testing reddit.

One thing I think we can take away from this mess for sure...

Lincoln Riley skeered of the SEC. He looked to bounce when his current school announced moving to the SEC, turned down a job in the SEC, and took a job about as far away from the SEC as he could get...only way to get farther away would be to coach Hawaii and I am willing to bet he would have if the money was right

One thing I think we can take away from this mess for sure...

Lincoln Riley skeered of the SEC. He looked to bounce when his current school announced moving to the SEC, turned down a job in the SEC, and took a job about as far away from the SEC as he could get...only way to get farther away would be to coach Hawaii and I am willing to bet he would have if the money was right

there is no doubt. none.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom