LSU’s HC Next Year Will Be… (3 Viewers)

They're not going to fire him yet, but everybody sees the obvious.

Orgeron is a great recruiter, and a crappy gameday coach. His shortcomings were covered up in 2019 because he had two star coordinators in Joe Brady and Dave Aranda, now he has two first-year coordinators that are learning on the job.

I have no idea who the next coach will be, but I offer these predictions.

First, the Orgeron era is over. I do not see how he possibly survives. Excluding the November 20 game against Louisiana-Monroe, LSU plays next Kentucky, Florida, Ole Miss, Alabama, Arkansas and Texas A&M. We are watching not simply a slide from a perfect, national-championship year but a roller-coaster plunge--and, given the drama in Orgeron's personal life, a modern-day Shakespearean tale of destructive hubris.

Second, the new hire will be a big name intended to erase the stain and disappointment of the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Luke Fickel would be my first choice
Napier from ULL 2nd choice

Fisher would be considered but think he is way overrated

I would wait until the end of this year and then evaluate his performance. I would give him one more year though. If nothing is better, then I would let him go.

I’ll preface my post by saying I am really sad it’s come to this.. less than two years after watching the Tigers complete a perfect season vs Clemson, i would hope LSU would retain Coach O and give him more time.. but unfortunately it doesn’t matter what I think or want, I believe it’s a foregone conclusion he’ll be gone before the end of the season…. All that said, my two top picks would be Fickell and Napier.. forced to choose, I’m honestly not sure which one I’d pick, so I’m glad that’s Woodward’s call and not mine.. Becuase i do think it’ll be his call since I think both of those guys would jump at the LSU job…. For me now it’s Fickell and Napier, then everyone else.. I also think that the UK Stoops deserves a look.. I’m seeing people on message boards go hard for Kiffin, Urban and Freeze and it makes me want to crawl in a hole and die.. Just No Thank You on all three, would honestly make it hard for me to root for LSU.

I have no idea who the next coach will be, but I offer these predictions.

First, the Orgeron era is over. I do not see how he possibly survives. Excluding the November 20 game against Louisiana-Monroe, LSU plays next Kentucky, Florida, Ole Miss, Alabama, Arkansas and Texas A&M. We are watching not simply a slide from a perfect, national-championship year but a roller-coaster plunge--and, given the drama in Orgeron's personal life, a modern-day Shakespearean tale of destructive hubris.

Second, the new hire will be a big name intended to erase the stain and disappointment of the 2020 and 2021 seasons.
That’s why I think Fickel fits the bill. He is a “big” name, and has skins on the wall like Saban and Miles before him. Like those two he (Fickel) had success at the 2nd best school in the state (Saban at Michigan State and Miles at Oklahoma State before coming to LSU). Fickel’s success has been impressive, and not unnoticed.

I can see why people would want Urban, you know what you are going to get, recreating will always be easy, and you will have success. But everybody knows how that story will end without even opening up the book. The same can be said for Kiffen. Pass on both.

Does Napier have the star quality the next coaching hire must have?

Is Joe Brady a candidate?

Definitely don't want Lane Kiffin, plus he's already the HC for Ole Miss so would he leave to come to LSU? I don't know anything about the Luke Fickel guy but Cinci is doing very well this year. I just hope we don't let Coach O go and not have any good candidates lined up and get stuck with some left overs.

can't believe my tweets didn't make into that article. Actually I understand why they didn't

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom