LSU’s HC Next Year Will Be… (4 Viewers)

is the pressure to succeed at LSU keeping coaches away? If that is our top 3 than hell fire the AD lol rather take chance on a decent OC /assistant or DC/assistant from the NFL and find the next breed of caoching than go with the OLD squad
I'm still holding out hope for Josh McDaniels. Just a wild stab, I don't think he has ever even expressed interest in coaching at the college level.

is the pressure to succeed at LSU keeping coaches away?

I honestly think it depends on how you look at it…. on one hand, you could say ‘Wow, LSU has fired their last two coaches after they won National Titles, in Ed‘s case, only like 18 months later’…. OTOH you could say ‘Man , it’s so easy to win national Titles at LSU that theyve done it twice in the last 15 yrs with two complete morons at head coach!’… i really dont know which statement is more correct.

Riley, Arranda, O' Brien would be my top three of the names we've heard. Then we could settle for the ULL coach. I'm hesitant to give ten million dollars a year to Napier.

Riley, Arranda, O' Brien would be my top three of the names we've heard. Then we could settle for the ULL coach. I'm hesitant to give ten million dollars a year to Napier.

You would not have to pay Napier $10 mill per year, not even close.. The thing i like about him is that he has already been offered two SEC head coaching jobs, cant remember which ones, but i think they were higher tier, not like Vandy or KY- and he turned them down.. the thinking was that he was waiting for the LSU or Bama job to come open.. He is widely considered the Next Big Thing, and i would rather he be the NBT at LSU than somewhere else.. the best description ive heard of Napier is the “he’s like Saban without the Ahole factor”…. It’s hard to win games and build a good program at a school like USL, and yet he has done it.

You would not have to pay Napier $10 mill per year, not even close.. The thing i like about him is that he has already been offered two SEC head coaching jobs, cant remember which ones, but i think they were higher tier, not like Vandy or KY- and he turned them down.. the thinking was that he was waiting for the LSU or Bama job to come open.. He is widely considered the Next Big Thing, and i would rather he be the NBT at LSU than somewhere else.. the best description ive heard of Napier is the “he’s like Saban without the Ahole factor”…. It’s hard to win games and build a good program at a school like USL, and yet he has done it.
I know you know, but yeah, hasn't been USL in over 20 years, lol. The reports out there were that Napier turned down Auburn and South Carolina. Unless he gets a healthy offer from a Bama or LSU, I don't see him leaving.

Napier also turned down interviewing with Miss State. If Napier does not go to LSU, he will move on to either Arizona State or TCU. He is a very detailed oriented and organized who believes in a process. He is very well repeated by the entire UL administration and athletic department. He is looking for a spot that will give him the freedom to build his staff the way he wants. He has added many positions to the Cajun's staff. UL has allowed him the opportunity to build as he wants. I hope he stays, but too many good options available.

Dave Aranda would be my choice for LSU

I just call them Cajuns all the time now, easier then remembering the name changes

This.

I refuse to submit to the state-mandated silly ”ULL” name change, same with “ULM” for what everyone knows is Northeast Louisiana University…. It’s just pointless.. Now get off my lawn, and SLOW DOWN THIS IS A NEIGHBORHOOD !

U La La and U la Mo

They're a lot more fun to say that way.

True story, i knew a guy circa 20 yrs ago who did the local sports on Ch 6 (Stan Verret, who later worked for espn and maybe still does) .. Shortly after the name change, he told me that he referred to ULL as U La La on air a couple times, but got angry letters from alumni and the station told him he had to stop saying it…. Maybe that’s why I haven’t liked the name change all these years.

True story, i knew a guy circa 20 yrs ago who did the local sports on Ch 6 (Stan Verret, who later worked for espn and maybe still does) .. Shortly after the name change, he told me that he referred to ULL as U La La on air a couple times, but got angry letters from alumni and the station told him he had to stop saying it…. Maybe that’s why I haven’t liked the name change all these years.
Yeah, I remember that. Most just refer them as UL or ULL these days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom