LSU’s HC Next Year Will Be… (2 Viewers)

They’ll always be USL to me. But I still say to “tape” something on TV too.

What about Pete Carroll? That seat must be getting warm up in Seattle.

Fwiw. Florida has joined the schools looking for a new head coach. The usual prospects are getting mentioned. Napier is gonna have a lot of options if he wants to move. If he turned down Auburn and SC, I'm not sure he'd want to go to Florida.

Fwiw. Florida has joined the schools looking for a new head coach. The usual prospects are getting mentioned. Napier is gonna have a lot of options if he wants to move. If he turned down Auburn and SC, I'm not sure he'd want to go to Florida.

Florida is a better job than AUB or SC.. also , Napier is the odds on favorite in Vegas to be the new Florida HC (4-1 odds as i type this).. i have a really bad feeling that if we dont hire Napier and FL does, it’ll be the worst move since LSU passed on hiring a little known coach in the 1980s named Steve Spurrier.. also, i think Napier has the highest upside of any of the coaches we are discussing, including Aranda and Riley.

Florida is a better job than AUB or SC.. also , Napier is the odds on favorite in Vegas to be the new Florida HC (4-1 odds as i type this).. i have a really bad feeling that if we dont hire Napier and FL does, it’ll be the worst move since LSU passed on hiring a little known coach in the 1980s named Steve Spurrier.. also, i think Napier has the highest upside of any of the coaches we are discussing, including Aranda and Riley.
Dang, lol. I've liked Napier since he first started at ULL. But I never really thought of him as a potential candidate for top flight schools until last season. I do think he'd do very well wherever he goes. I don't know if he's a better candidate than Aranda or Riley. Maybe you're right. But if he has to choose between UF and LSU, I'm really pulling for LSU. I think he'd have the Tigers back in the mix into his second year.

Dang, lol. I've liked Napier since he first started at ULL. But I never really thought of him as a potential candidate for top flight schools until last season. I do think he'd do very well wherever he goes. I don't know if he's a better candidate than Aranda or Riley. Maybe you're right. But if he has to choose between UF and LSU, I'm really pulling for LSU. I think he'd have the Tigers back in the mix into his second year.

Lane Kiffin is also being mentioned prominently in the Florida search, as well as the Miami search.. if he was smart , he’d stay at Ole Miss.. but he isnt smart, he is Lane Kiffin so he’ll probably jump ship.. id love to see him land at Florida, and Napier at LSU.. also, some are saying (maybe i saw the comments here, cant rememebr) that “Florida is the new Tennessee”, and if that’s the case then they will be in the doldrums for years to come.. i think Napier could help them overcome that quicker though, just my opinion.

Early success is what will make any of the major candidates the new football folk hero in these parts.
For instance, the one knock I hear about Aranda is that he isn't the greatest recruiter around. But if LSU can quickly get back into a competitive mode, the school itself will move many of the top prospects to sign on. Having a winning program is what makes it easy to be a good recruiter. Kids who know they have the skills to make it in the pros just want to be on a winning program that can showcase their skills in plenty of primetime games while at the school.

LSU will be back in the spotlight IF the new coach can find a way to win early. LSU has always been a big TV draw when the program is successful. But if he can't turn things around by the second year, the negative views will return, and we'll be right back where we are at this moment. No gifted player wants to be in a program that can't give them a platform to sell themselves. Considering the money that is at stake, this next hire will be one of the most important decisions that Woodward will make in his position at LSU. Nothing is more important than the football program. They must sign the right guy this time!

Early success is what will make any of the major candidates the new football folk hero in these parts.
For instance, the one knock I hear about Aranda is that he isn't the greatest recruiter around. But if LSU can quickly get back into a competitive mode, the school itself will move many of the top prospects to sign on. Having a winning program is what makes it easy to be a good recruiter. Kids who know they have the skills to make it in the pros just want to be on a winning program that can showcase their skills in plenty of primetime games while at the school.

LSU will be back in the spotlight IF the new coach can find a way to win early. LSU has always been a big TV draw when the program is successful. But if he can't turn things around by the second year, the negative views will return, and we'll be right back where we are at this moment. No gifted player wants to be in a program that can't give them a platform to sell themselves. Considering the money that is at stake, this next hire will be one of the most important decisions that Woodward will make in his position at LSU. Nothing is more important than the football program. They must sign the right guy this time!

I’d rather the new coach get it done RIGHT, than get it done QUICK.

Last edited:
I’d rather the new coach get it done RIGHT, rather than get it done QUICK.
Will the fans give him the TIME to get it right? I'm not sure if that is possible with LSU fans.
It's 'win now, or else'. :covri:

Will the fans give him the TIME to get it right? I'm not sure if that is possible with LSU fans.
It's 'win now, or else'. :covri:
It usually takes 2-3 years for a coach to fully implement and execute his vision for a given program. It's certainly not going to happen overnight. Only way it happens sooner is lightning in a bottle like with CEO. I'd rather have a solid coach who'll guide the program for 10 years.

I do realize LSU fans may be spoiled or have unrealistic expectations, but I'd rather the program be built the right way.

I honestly think it depends on how you look at it…. on one hand, you could say ‘Wow, LSU has fired their last two coaches after they won National Titles, in Ed‘s case, only like 18 months later’…. OTOH you could say ‘Man , it’s so easy to win national Titles at LSU that theyve done it twice in the last 15 yrs with two complete morons at head coach!’… i really dont know which statement is more correct.

Naw, it's rather simple really. Those 2 morons won a NC because they had (arguably) the best coordinators in CF but once they left were unable to adequately replace them.....I give both those morons credit for their ability to recruit though.....

Lincoln Riley to LSU, and Caleb Williams transfers with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom