LSU’s HC Next Year Will Be… (1 Viewer)

Napier was never offered by Auburn. Mario Cristobal was and we were unable to get him from Oregon.

Napier was never offered by Auburn. Mario Cristobal was and we were unable to get him from Oregon.
Idk, I saw reports that Auburn at least talked with Napier. He supposedly turned them down. But who knows.

Ima just leave this right chere:

The LSU football coaching search is down to three candidates, and the next coach could be named by “the end of this week” or early next week, two sources with knowledge of the search said Monday morning.

The candidates are Baylor head coach Dave Aranda, Louisiana-Lafayette head coach Billy Napier and Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell.

Aranda, 45, appears to be in the lead as he has quickly turned around the Baylor program.

As much as I’d hate to see Napier leave UL, good for him if he lands the LSU job
My sentiments as well. If he's gonna leave anyway, might as well be LSU. But, I suspect Aranda will be the pick. Can't go wrong with either of them imo. That's a solid list of prospects for LSU.

I'd love to see Napier stay in Lafayette. Maybe the ULL AD needs to give him a big raise to keep him. Don't think they can compete with schools paying coaches more than 5x his current salary.

I think Aranda is the best choice, he is the X and O's guy we need. The defensive side of the ball will be taken care of, just have to find the right offensive guy....

I do really like Arranda as the HC but from what Ive read he’s not a great recruiter. If he can get LSU back to a powerhouse then great programs recruit themselves so we’ll have to see. Also, maybe if Arranda comes back Eli Ricks will stay since it was put out that he is looking to transfer.

I really like Napier also. From what I’ve read he is disciplined, very organized, and a meticulous HC which is something this program really needs.

Regardless of who it is, apparently Woodward is telling people close to the vest that they're gonna love this hire. So it looks like he already found his guy.

Feldman saying Stoops
No...
Saturday Down South saying Aranda as HC and Herman as OC. *creamspants*
Pretty much a homerun.

I like Aranda, Campbell, Riley, Tucker, Napier, and Franklin(just extended)... in a somewhat fluid order, but Aranda is one of my favorite of the group and that combination would be awesome. I doubt Herman would stay long, but whatever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom