LSU #1 in AP as well, USG #3 (1 Viewer)

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
ESPN just reported (@ 1:00 AM central time) that the AP poll has LSU #1, UGA #2, and USG (University of Sour Grapes) #3. Eat that, all you Disney employees at ESPN still blabbering over USG being the best team.

Last edited:
So will the media make up some kind of poll(since the coaches and AP have us at number 1) and split the NC???
:smilielol: :smilielol:

From the comments on ESPN
OK kids. If we're gonna play the "who beat who" game then I hereby crown the 1-11 Minnesota Golden Gophers the National Champions !!

Minnesota beat Miami (OH)
Miami (OH) beat Bowling Green
Bowling Green beat Akron
Akron beat Western Michigan
Western Michigan beat Iowa
Iowa beat Illinois
Illinois beat Penn St.
Penn St. beat Texas A&M
Texas A&M beat Oklahoma St.
Oklahoma St. beat Texas Tech
Texas Tech beat Oklahoma
Oklahoma beat Missouri
Missouri beat Arkansas
Arkansas beat LSU

It's quite simple really..........who needs a playoff???

Cheers !!!

So will the media make up some kind of poll(since the coaches and AP have us at number 1) and split the NC???
:smilielol: :smilielol:

"The media"? The AP is "the media".

Really come on. You guys just won a NC. Get over the persecution complex. A handful of journalists running their mouths is not worth getting riled up over.

Really come on. You guys just won a NC. Get over the persecution complex. A handful of journalists running their mouths is not worth getting riled up over.

Who's getting riled up?? I'm laughing at any clown that thinks any team besides LSU is the best team in the land.

Last edited:
Right now, at this point in time, USC could beat anybody. STANFORD BLAH BLAH BLAH, they played poorly early in the season. Recently, down the stretch and now, completely different story. Both teams are good, I like both teams, well, I like LSU; I LOVE USC. Not being a homer, or anything, but I think USC could beat them. Not saying they would, but they could give them a big fight. It would have been a better game than the paper champion Buckeyes.

Right now, at this point in time, USC could beat anybody. STANFORD BLAH BLAH BLAH, they played poorly early in the season. Recently, down the stretch and now, completely different story. Both teams are good, I like both teams, well, I like LSU; I LOVE USC. Not being a homer, or anything, but I think USC could beat them. Not saying they would, but they could give them a big fight. It would have been a better game than the paper champion Buckeyes.

Then as a fan of the Pac-10 you should pressure them into allowing a playoff system so it can be settled on the field. Write the commish of the conference a stern letter or something. If that happened though it would just be the two best SEC teams playing for the championship most years.

Oh, if only someone, anyone, outside the world of the arrogant SEC saw it the same way as you. Remember when Cal spanked SEC championship finalist Tennessee earlier this year? The one that LSU barely beat?

jseinfeld_375x375.jpg

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

For the record, I agree that the SEC IS the best conference in college football, but its best team isn't necessarily the nation's best team and certainly not the top 2.

Last edited:
I think if there was an 8 team playoff and LSU and Georgia were in different brackets then that would have been the two teams playing for the NC this year. Its not like that every year, when you guys had Leinart and Bush you were awesome. I just don't think SC was all that great this year. Don't you see this is why the Pac-10 and Big-10 don't want to go to a playoff? Because it is easier for their teams to get through their weak conferences and get a shot at the title game. I am also not saying the best SEC team is head and shoulders above the best teams from every other conference. I will keep my fingers crossed for a plus one. That way we can really see who the best teams are every year. Let me ask you something just for fun, how often does SC play top 15 ranked teams back to back? How often do they play four top 20 teams in a row? They would crumble under that pressure.

Agrees with Sspam.

It's time to rejoice guys..

SEC wins 7 games breaking the record for bowl game wins by any conference, this CEMENTS the fact that SEC football is far superior to the pop warner styles of the big 12, big 10, pac 10, and all those other inferior conferences.

And LSU is the undisputed BCS champion...hey, we've even got the AP love.

Our coach turns down his alma mater to stay as coach of LSU then goes on to win the BCS trophy.

LSU>everyone else and its not even close..and we've got 2 crystal footballs to prove it.

it's time to relax, kick back, smile and enjoy the success of our elite football program.

:)

Last edited:
I'm over the "persecution complex" -- LSU is THE national champ -- but I am annoyed...my team just won the National Championship. I want to turn on some sports news and hear about the game, watch LSU highlights, etc., over and over, and relish this moment as long as possible. But wait, they're not talking about LSU..they're talking about USC and how their 2 losses are a non-issue because Booty was hurt, and how they should be seriously considered for the AP #1 spot, and how this wasn't a "true" NC game. So yes, I'm ANNOYED. USC and every other college football team agreed to the same system. LSU is the NC according to that system. Honestly, I don't hear USC crying about it, just the media. I haven't heard boo about UGA from the ESPN media, and yet they got the #2 nod over USC. We desperately need another sports network...ESPN has become as biased in sports coverage as Fox news is in political news.

they're talking about USC and how their 2 losses are a non-issue because Booty was hurt, and how they should be seriously considered for the AP #1 spot, and how this wasn't a "true" NC game.

if that's the case, we lost 2 games because Pat White got hurt.
but hey, cali has more media outlets and movie stars.

if that's the case, we lost 2 games because Pat White got hurt.
but hey, cali has more media outlets and movie stars.

and Oregon was the hottest team in the nation when Dixon went down

Every team loses players.

And the fact is - when Booty went down - ALOT of USC fans were happy to see Sanchez get into the game because they felt he was a better quarterback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom