LSU #5 according to USA Today/Coaches (1 Viewer)

No. Wisconsin is in a real conference.

I'm alright with Boise State in a BCS game this year. Hopefully they get completely blown out, so that it doesn't happen again.

So what are you saying is more important? W/L record or Conference? You're contradicting yourself, dude. Wisconsin would have four losses with LSU's (Conference) schedule. You say that one team is more deserving because they lost less games and then exclude a team with less losses because of their conference affiliation.

So what are you saying is more important? W/L record or Conference? You're contradicting yourself, dude. Wisconsin would have four losses with LSU's (Conference) schedule. You say that one team is more deserving because they lost less games and then exclude a team with less losses because of their conference affiliation.

What I mean is that if you're in a BCS conference and only lose 1 game, you should have an advantage over another team in a BCS conference who lost 2 games.

Strength of schedule is no longer a factor (well, it's a very small factor in some of the computer polls, I believe); they took it out of the BCS equation to make it nearly impossible for USC or Notre Dame to not get a BCS bid.

I don't AGREE with it, but if that's how the system is supposed to work, I'd like to see some kind of consistency with it.

Like when Michigan lost to Ohio State. Sure Michigan is definitely the 2nd best team in the nation, but in this system when a team loses, they are supposed to drop behind most teams with the same amount of losses. This has screwed LSU several times in the past and since they didn't follow through with it for Michigan it could possibly end up screwing Florida out of the NC.

These rules aren't set in stone, but most of the time we get the short end of it, while more hyped teams seem to be exceptions because of the preseason polls and how the media doesn't want them to drop past a certain spot (wouldn't want them to miss out on the bowl they've "earned").

This is just one case where we benefiited. The system needs to be changed, and Strength of Schedule should be a key factor in the BCS formula.

Don't sleep on BSU. They could hang with the winner of every conference except for the Big Ten and Pac-10.

The system needs to be changed, and Strength of Schedule should be a key factor in the BCS formula.

No, just OUT OF CONFERENCE schedule. Because scheduling Notre Dame when they sucked makes you a manly school if it happens that ND is on a kinda sorta upswing where people can justify overrating them at the time you actually play. Ditto scheduling Ohio State if you're... oh, let's say a Big 12 school.

See, those 1 or 2 "elective" games are the ones that count. The ones they MAKE you play in conference don't count, even if they're 4 top 10 teams and all on the road. Or even if it's a state rivalry (FL/FL St.) that you play every year and it just so happens that they have a down year. See, that's why Florida is a bunch of wusses for "scheduling" Fl St. this year.

It's all about the OUT of conference schedule. I mean, that's what the Big 12 and Pac 10 people always say (wonder why?) so it must be true.

No, just OUT OF CONFERENCE schedule. Because scheduling Notre Dame when they sucked makes you a manly school if it happens that ND is on a kinda sorta upswing where people can justify overrating them at the time you actually play. Ditto scheduling Ohio State if you're... oh, let's say a Big 12 school.

See, those 1 or 2 "elective" games are the ones that count. The ones they MAKE you play in conference don't count, even if they're 4 top 10 teams and all on the road. Or even if it's a state rivalry (FL/FL St.) that you play every year and it just so happens that they have a down year. See, that's why Florida is a bunch of wusses for "scheduling" Fl St. this year.

It's all about the OUT of conference schedule. I mean, that's what the Big 12 and Pac 10 people always say (wonder why?) so it must be true.

Good point, but I think SOS in the Conference should have some impact. What if a team dominates a capcake conference, then beats a few solid OOC games; while another team finishes with the same record in a much tougher conference, and wins against some solid OOC teams?

It'd probably be fair to count SOS like before, but count OOC games doubly. That would definitely discourage teams from scheduling cupcake OOC games.

Teams should probably get points for beating Top 10 teams (using end of season rankings) like before, also.

Last edited:

Your argument would hold water if the SEC teams were anywhere near as good as SEC homers like to pretend they are.

What I mean is that if you're in a BCS conference and only lose 1 game, you should have an advantage over another team in a BCS conference who lost 2 games.

So teams like Rutgers, Louisville, etc. should be ranked higher than LSU? I thought the poll was supposed to be the best teams and not the teams with the best record? LSU would eat their lunch.

So teams like Rutgers, Louisville, etc. should be ranked higher than LSU? I thought the poll was supposed to be the best teams and not the teams with the best record? LSU would eat their lunch.

Yeah they should, the way this system has been run 90% of the time. Hopefully a bunch of the BCS games are total jokes, so they can change things up for the future.

I'd be worried about Louisville.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom