LSU admits potential recruiting violations, forwards report to NCAA (1 Viewer)

killah

Very Bland
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It will probably keep them out of a major problem by admittting to it first.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2010-03-24-lsu-recruiting-violations_N.htm

LSU last fall began an investigation into the recruitment of Hicks, a defensive tackle out of Sacramento City Community College, by assistant coach D.J. McCarthy. Because LSU officials thought rules were broken, Hicks was never allowed to play a down for the Tigers last season. Had he played, LSU may have been subject to game forfeitures. LSU also did not allow McCarthy to do any recruiting last fall, and after the season, McCarthy was let go.

"As disappointed as I am in the violations that occurred, I have an equal amount of pride in our compliance office's quick actions, in our thorough investigation and in our reactions to the findings," LSU chancellor Michael Martin said in an LSU release on Tuesday. "I believe we have avoided potentially more severe sanctions because we self-detected these violations early and took immediate disciplinary measures."

Not only by admitting to it, but sending the two violators packing, not to mention the player never seeing the field...

MLU said:
Not only by admitting to it, but sending the two violators packing, not to mention the player never seeing the field...
And in other news... USC has found their next assistant coach and DT!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom