LSU and our Offense - Burrows (1 Viewer)

The draft is about the team's exclusive right to offer a contract to a player - not a plyer's rights. A player can refuse to play for the team that drafts him. In that case, the team most likely squats on the rights to sign that player to see if they get a good offer from another team. Are you asking this as if Burrow could say he doesn't want to be drafted so he can sign wherever he wants as a free agent? It doesn't work that way. Even if he takes a year off, the next season he is subject to the same thing.
Bo Jackson is a good example. He refused to sign with Tampa Bay. Owner Hugh Culveyhouse lied to him a told him a plane
ride to Tampa to meet with team officials was not against NCAA rules. It was and cost BO his Sr. season in baseball.

he was re-entered the following year and was drafted by the Raiders in the 7th round.

So, I was watching the LSU - Georgia game the other day. The announcers was talking about LSU's offense, and they said that they run the Saints offense under Brady. I began to watch what they were doing, and yes, it looked a lot like ours.

This is huge for us, because it shows just how much Coaches respect Sean Payton. To copy his offense, and run it for themselves is a huge complement.

Now, it can't be the exact same offense, because there is no way a College team has enough time to spend to learn it completely. But, still it was fun to watch. And, it got me to thinking that it would be nice if we could somehow trade up to get Burrows. He already knows some of our offense, so it wouldn't take him long to get the hang of it.

All he would have to do is learn the speed of the game and how to read Pro Defenses. Gives you something to consider for the up and coming draft. And, while watching this kid more and more, he looks like a real good pick for us. He seems to have all the tools.
Who is Burrows? Does he know Batman Carroll or Fernando ‘you can’t cover ‘em!’ Evans?

LSU is running our passing offense better then what we have been doing until the 49ers game

Tua will go before Burrows. Plus, there are so many good Players going in this draft, it's not a given that Burrows will even be a top 10 pick. What I'm saying is that if he does drop - like what happened with KC a few years ago - we could trade up to get him, and it wouldn't take our entire draft to do it.
Jesus Christ, what?

Who is your favorite college football team?

The expected answer is that your never watch college football, you're strictly an NFL fan.

Yeah plus you don't even spell his name right, which pretty much disqualifies you from giving your opinion on him.

It’s ridiculous how good Burrow has been this year. Almost unbelievable. And not to dog on the OP, but saying he’s not even guaranteed to go top ten is just asinine IMO. I think he’s guaranteed to go #1 overall.
Yeah it's a done deal.

Kiper said it's not even close right now.

Jesus Christ, what?

Who is your favorite college football team?

The expected answer is that your never watch college football, you're strictly an NFL fan.

Yeah plus you don't even spell his name right, which pretty much disqualifies you from giving your opinion on him.
Drobbins is a known old miss/some SEC homer. He is also well known for having very poor talent evaluator skills. I think he would make an excellent scout for the Atlanta Falcons or Dallas Cowboys

Drobbins is a known old miss/some SEC homer. He is also well known for having very poor talent evaluator skills. I think he would make an excellent scout for the Atlanta Falcons or Dallas Cowboys
Yeah but that was such an embarrassing take.

Burrow no "s" is will be the first QB off the board. He should go #1 overall, but there is talk that Cincy might actually take Chase Young. Either way, Burrow will be the first QB off the board. If the Giants or the Redskins end up at #2 and #3 and Burrow is still there, that would be the first opportunity where a team could jump up and get him b/c both teams have their future QBs.

Serious question, are all other NFL teams message boards overrun with Burrow threads, too? Because while I know a lot of people are both Saints and LSU fans, a LOT are not.
I guess the answer to your question is a matter of how much their NFL team needs a QB... and what legitimate chances they have at getting this kid. :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom