LSU/Arkansas game (1 Viewer)

Mettenberger has two years left. I can't see him wasting one sitting behind JJ or JL.

On the surface someone might think that, but ZM is a guy who was beating out Aaron Murray for the starting job at UGA at the beginning of this season. His circumstances which led him to JC were not because of his abilities.

Chris Todd (AU), Zach Taylor (NU), Kevin Craft (UCLA, beat Tennessee in '08), Brad Banks (Iowa), Michael Bishop (KSU), Tim Rattay (LaTech), Shuan Hill (Maryland), Matt Simms (Tennessee), etc.

Of course the word "good" is subjective. I doubt we will ever see another JUCO QB with Newton's success. That was a bit of a perfect storm...

I'm pretty sure Mettenberger has 3 years to play 3. Great response with the former JUCO QBs...I was wondering that as well.

What I think most people miss is that we don't need a player of Cam's ability to be great. Auburn is a talented team that probably finishes top 25 without Cam. LSU is a talented team that was in the championship hunt with horrible QBs. We just need a decent QB to put with our talent and ZM seems to be at least that...and I think probably even more.

He was a top 11 prospect coming out of high school. At the Elite 11 camp, he got rave reviews and everybody said he had the strongest arm. While not a fast or scrambling QB, he is pretty elusive in the pocket. And it looks like he won the starting QB spot at Georgia as a soph and was being compared to Stafford. He just needs to live up to SOME of that for this to be a huge signing.

Props to Jericho Nelson of Arkansas. A former DHS guy looking good out there.
IIRC, he and J.J. were teammates at one time for DHS.

I'm pretty sure Mettenberger has 3 years to play 3. Great response with the former JUCO QBs...I was wondering that as well.

What I think most people miss is that we don't need a player of Cam's ability to be great. Auburn is a talented team that probably finishes top 25 without Cam. LSU is a talented team that was in the championship hunt with horrible QBs. We just need a decent QB to put with our talent and ZM seems to be at least that...and I think probably even more.

He was a top 11 prospect coming out of high school. At the Elite 11 camp, he got rave reviews and everybody said he had the strongest arm. While not a fast or scrambling QB, he is pretty elusive in the pocket. And it looks like he won the starting QB spot at Georgia as a soph and was being compared to Stafford. He just needs to live up to SOME of that for this to be a huge signing.
You're correct. I read somewhere that he had three to play two, but that must have been a typo because two different sources said 3 to play 3.

Props to Jericho Nelson of Arkansas. A former DHS guy looking good out there.
IIRC, he and J.J. were teammates at one time for DHS.
You know, as many times as they called Nelson's name last night I thought for sure that would have been one of those interesting factoids that color guys in the booth like to fill the dead air with, but Buerlein just kept rambling.

You know, as many times as they called Nelson's name last night I thought for sure that would have been one of those interesting factoids that color guys in the booth like to fill the dead air with, but Buerlein just kept rambling.

Well, I probably wouldn't have heard it anyways, as we tend to have the TV volume turned down quite a bit. Also, that would be two nights ago, right?

:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom