LSU/Arkansas game (1 Viewer)

Let me preface the following statement by admitting that the 2010 LSU Tigers are NOT a complete football team that is deserving of playing in the BCS National Championship game... however...

It's pretty obvious now (after the Boise State loss) that the NC game will be played by two of three teams, Oregon/Auburn/TCU. (probably the first two listed) It's clear that LSU won't be able to claim any BCS bowl if they don't take care of Arkansas on the road today.

However, IF LSU can pull off the miracle today, is there ANY possible scenario that could put the Tigers in the NC game??? No, they may not deserve any consideration, but it is hard to argue with the shear number of highly ranked teams that LSU had to play this year and came up just one TD from a perfect record.

Excuse my rambling, but I'm really torn about my Tigers this year. It seems that they do deserve at least some respect for what they have accomplished this year. I sure hope that no one ever finds out that Cam Newton was an ineligible player, or else I will bust a vein in my head.

Is there ANY way LSU could get in???

Just read this on msnbc.com:

For one, it surely has to demote TCU’s chances at a national championship shot as well. Before tonight’s game, the argument heard around the college football world was that Boise State’s resume was more impressive than TCU’s. Now that Boise State has fallen out of relevancy, though, it will become harder for another highly ranked Non-AQ school to be taken into serious consideration.

Secondly, and consequently, it opens the door to LSU, Stanford and Wisconsin to potentially slide their way into the national championship picture if either Oregon or Auburn loses. Wisconsin would get the benefit of likely winning the Big Ten and LSU would get the benefit of, you know, playing in the SEC.

Of course, LSU and Wisconsin have to take care of their own business.

Also, of course, Auburn and/or Oregon would have to lose.

None of that is guaranteed.

LSU needs some great production on offense and defense.

That facemask penalty was uncalled for. The dude was going out of bounds. :rant:

Big loss for Arkansas on a bad snap! :9:

Peterson should have fair caught that ball. Time to see what the offense can do.

BTW, I love this Coke commerical.

Why no blocking for Peterson on that punt return?!?!? :(

isn't there a penalty for leaving early on a punt? what exactly is that "early" punters seem to hold the ball forever

Peterson should have fair caught that ball. Time to see what the offense can do.

BTW, I love this Coke commerical.

The 'cloning' one and the 'time machine' one both crack me up. :hihi:

Wow! We just can't block their blitzers! :scared:

Terrible start for LSU's offense, if they keep that up it could be a long long day.

Please get that idiot off the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom