LSU/Arkansas game (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
You guys do remember that LSU actually does play a game this weekend that will go a long way towards determining the bowl destination, right?

I think LSU's defense will look much better since they will be facing a more conventional offense. Mallett is very good, but so is LSU's defense. It should be fun to watch.

You guys do remember that LSU actually does play a game this weekend that will go a long way towards determining the bowl destination, right?

I think LSU's defense will look much better since they will be facing a more conventional offense. Mallett is very good, but so is LSU's defense. It should be fun to watch.

People here remember. LR is already crazy...... Should be a blast.

I felt better about this game before Kniles decided to blow up the last few weeks. Now the Pigs have a running-game...

i really think that mallet guy for arkansas is the truth but lsu has a better team.

close, lsu 24-ark 21

Every Auburn fan I talk to always talks about how great the LSU Auburn rivalry is, but man how can games get any closer or intense as most of the LSU Arkansas games are?

It is almost always an exciting down to the wire game, year in and year out.

Mallett is good, but I feel he is overrated. The one time he's faced an LSU-esque defense, he had a ton of yards and 3 INTs, 1 which led to Bama's go-ahead score and 1 to seal the deal. And both were "What the hell were you thinking??" throws. He had a very good year last season as well (it may even have been better), but wasn't anything special vs. LSU. And LSU's defense is soooo much better this year than last.

Like MLU said, Davis is the real scary guy.

Every Auburn fan I talk to always talks about how great the LSU Auburn rivalry is, but man how can games get any closer or intense as most of the LSU Arkansas games are?

It is almost always an exciting down to the wire game, year in and year out.

I think both are great rivalries, but AU-LSU has had several extremely close ones in recent years. And they're usually more memorable, being able to be remembered by a single performance or play.

2004: AU wins 10-9 - Courtney Taylor scores a TD to tie with 1:14 to play, John Vaughn misses the PAT but a flag on LSU gives him a 2nd chance and he makes it to win

2005: LSU wins 30-27 in OT - John Vaughn misses 5 FGs in all, including 1 at the end of regulation that would've won it and 1 in OT to lose it

2006: AU wins 7-3 - JaMarcus Russell misses on a 4th-quarter 4th-down pass that was initially called DPI then (erroneously) waved off, and then Craig Davis was tackled at the 4 with no time left

2007: LSU wins 30-24 - Matt Flynn-to-Demetrius Byrd with 3 seconds left on the clock for the win

2008: LSU wins 26-21 - Jarrett Lee-to-Brandon Lafell with 1:03 left in the game for the winning score

2010: AU wins 24-17 - no late-game heroics as LSU missed on a 4th-and-6 with 3 minutes to play

That's 6 of the past 7 games decided by a TD or less, including 4 with the deciding points being scored with 2 or fewer minutes left in the game. And I think both teams were ranked in all 6 of those meetings.

I'm more nervous about LSU vs Arkansas than I was for Alabama, Auburn, and Florida. I've worried about this game all year to be honest.

On the bright side though, it looks like the light finally clicked for JJ. Its a shame he took so long and it cost us a National Championship, being that we had a NC calibur defense, specialteams, and skill position players (WR and RB). I don't care if we win this game and whatever BCS bowl we get, I'm still mad. This team had everything it needed yet someone had a brain fart that lasted a little too long.

our defense should do a lot better against arkie since they play a more conventional offense.. not the spread offense with the running QBs that chavis hasn't figured out yet

that being said.. i still wouldn't be surprised to see a game with a score resembling that of LSU-Ole Miss last week

I think both are great rivalries, but AU-LSU has had several extremely close ones in recent years. And they're usually more memorable, being able to be remembered by a single performance or play.

2004: AU wins 10-9 - Courtney Taylor scores a TD to tie with 1:14 to play, John Vaughn misses the PAT but a flag on LSU gives him a 2nd chance and he makes it to win

2005: LSU wins 30-27 in OT - John Vaughn misses 5 FGs in all, including 1 at the end of regulation that would've won it and 1 in OT to lose it

2006: AU wins 7-3 - JaMarcus Russell misses on a 4th-quarter 4th-down pass that was initially called DPI then (erroneously) waved off, and then Craig Davis was tackled at the 4 with no time left

2007: LSU wins 30-24 - Matt Flynn-to-Demetrius Byrd with 3 seconds left on the clock for the win

2008: LSU wins 26-21 - Jarrett Lee-to-Brandon Lafell with 1:03 left in the game for the winning score

2010: AU wins 24-17 - no late-game heroics as LSU missed on a 4th-and-6 with 3 minutes to play

That's 6 of the past 7 games decided by a TD or less, including 4 with the deciding points being scored with 2 or fewer minutes left in the game. And I think both teams were ranked in all 6 of those meetings.

The last 3 ARK LSU games are a combined 111-111 points

2005 3 LSU† 19 Arkansas 17 Baton Rouge, LA
2006 8 LSU 31 5 Arkansas† 26 Little Rock, AR
2007 1 LSU† 48 Arkansas 50 Baton Rouge, LA
2008 LSU 30 Arkansas 31 Little Rock, AR
2009 15 LSU 33 Arkansas 30 Baton Rouge, LA

Let me preface the following statement by admitting that the 2010 LSU Tigers are NOT a complete football team that is deserving of playing in the BCS National Championship game... however...

It's pretty obvious now (after the Boise State loss) that the NC game will be played by two of three teams, Oregon/Auburn/TCU. (probably the first two listed) It's clear that LSU won't be able to claim any BCS bowl if they don't take care of Arkansas on the road today.

However, IF LSU can pull off the miracle today, is there ANY possible scenario that could put the Tigers in the NC game??? No, they may not deserve any consideration, but it is hard to argue with the shear number of highly ranked teams that LSU had to play this year and came up just one TD from a perfect record.

Excuse my rambling, but I'm really torn about my Tigers this year. It seems that they do deserve at least some respect for what they have accomplished this year. I sure hope that no one ever finds out that Cam Newton was an ineligible player, or else I will bust a vein in my head.

Is there ANY way LSU could get in???

If LSU beats Arky by 10, AU loses in the SECC, and TCU barely wins today, the voters may have LSU jump TCU. But it's a longshot. Our best bet is still for Cammy to be ruled ineligible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom