LSU @ Auburn (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Not very often do these two teams meet up and neither are the best Tiger in the country. Hopefully LSU can get a lot of things fixed and start putting all that talent together. I'm not very confident that will happen. Should be a really low scoring game. Auburn has a great defensive line.

In a way the lower expectations are helping me to enjoy the season a bit more. It quickly became painfully obvious to LSU fans that Harris was never ready/prepared to take on this season and all that it had to offer. But it has been fun to watch the development of Etling as he works hard to bail out another season of high hopes.

I am still hoping that Fournette will be able to salvage enough of the hype and hoopla to make him and his fans glad that he stayed another year at LSU. That excitement would begin anew with a great showing at Auburn tomorrow. I can't wait!

LSU's Danny Etling idolized Drew Brees, outworks everyone — so why did he fail at Purdue?
Indiana native a 'perfect fit' for Cam Cameron's offense
BY ROSS DELLENGER | RDELLENGER@THEADVOCATE.COM SEP 22, 2016 - 5:45 PM

There was snow on the ground, sometimes as much as a foot.

It was cold, sometimes so frigid that the wind bit like ice picks on your skin.

He was alone, all of the time, no classmate silly enough to join him outside in January in Terre Haute, Indiana.

But there he was, a seventh grader, with a bag of footballs at his feet, picking them up one at a time and throwing them into the white, icy lawn.

“I’ll never forget driving by,” said Steve Englehart, then head football coach at Rose-Hulman, a Division III college in Terre Haute. “He’s taking a drop with a ball, throwing it. It was continuous. He’d go pick up the five balls, and he’d throw them back the other way to his ghost wide receivers.”

LSU's Danny Etling idolized Drew Brees, outworks everyone

LSU's Danny Etling idolized Drew Brees, outworks everyone —

Good article! Thanks! :9:

Etling certainly seems to be cut from the same cloth as Drew, and that could make his football future a very special one indeed.

I don't hate Harris one bit, but this move on the LSU depth chart may be the best thing to happen to LSU since the stadium's upper decks.

We'll see soon enough. :plus-un2:

LSU's Danny Etling idolized Drew Brees, outworks everyone — so why did he fail at Purdue?
Indiana native a 'perfect fit' for Cam Cameron's offense
BY ROSS DELLENGER | RDELLENGER@THEADVOCATE.COM SEP 22, 2016 - 5:45 PM

There was snow on the ground, sometimes as much as a foot.

It was cold, sometimes so frigid that the wind bit like ice picks on your skin.

He was alone, all of the time, no classmate silly enough to join him outside in January in Terre Haute, Indiana.

But there he was, a seventh grader, with a bag of footballs at his feet, picking them up one at a time and throwing them into the white, icy lawn.

“I’ll never forget driving by,” said Steve Englehart, then head football coach at Rose-Hulman, a Division III college in Terre Haute. “He’s taking a drop with a ball, throwing it. It was continuous. He’d go pick up the five balls, and he’d throw them back the other way to his ghost wide receivers.”

Cool stuff! I'll be following him a bit more after reading that. First time really seeing a little background on him. Love stuff like this.

Looking forward to the game this weekend. I think the lowered expectations is a healthy thing. I'll just enjoy the rest of the season and hope to see the Tigers grow into their roles in the next several weeks. Unfortunate for Harris and I do feel bad for him in some ways, but some people just have a hard time performing under pressure and Harris certainly seems to be one of them.

This is Etling's time to get the big SEC road win that will further boost his The other hand it could be the 41-7 thrashing against Auburn on the road that Brandon Harris still hasn't fully recovered from yet. Auburn's offense is not all that good so far this season but they do have a very good SEC defense. I am interested in seeing how Etling can get through his progressions and get to the dump off. Tight End and RB short passes could be the key to open it up for LF7 because Auburn will stack the box until Etling can spread the field.

LSU 31 Auburn 17

Good article! Thanks! :9:

Etling certainly seems to be cut from the same cloth as Drew, and that could make his football future a very special one indeed.

I don't hate Harris one bit, but this move on the LSU depth chart may be the best thing to happen to LSU since the stadium's upper decks.

We'll see soon enough. :plus-un2:

The thing that most noticeably differentiates Etling from Harris - and almost every LSU QB from the past decade - is his footwork. He has good pocket awareness and knows how to move around and step into his throws. I think he'll improve as he gets familiar with this offense barring a massive setback (like Harris vs. Auburn in 2014) and become a decent SEC QB at worst. Luckily, LSU's schedule mostly consists of mediocre teams until Ole Miss, unless Florida is a sleeper this year.

He's also pretty fast and can make something happen when things break down.

The thing that most noticeably differentiates Etling from Harris - and almost every LSU QB from the past decade - is his footwork. He has good pocket awareness and knows how to move around and step into his throws. I think he'll improve as he gets familiar with this offense barring a massive setback (like Harris vs. Auburn in 2014) and become a decent SEC QB at worst. Luckily, LSU's schedule mostly consists of mediocre teams until Ole Miss, unless Florida is a sleeper this year.

He's also pretty fast and can make something happen when things break down.

His ability to put just the right touch on a pass to a guy on a crossing route or swinging out of the backfield makes those viable plays once again.

I can't wait until Etling hits Fournette in stride and in space on one of those routes. Instant highlight for the Heisman video reel! :ezbill:

Loser of the game gets a new coach. Our defense is the most talented it has been since Tuberville left. If Malzahn plays our super talented young receivers and sticks with White, we win. If he plays the upper classmen and only calls passes in the flat we lose. I'm sure we will lose solely due to Malzahn.

Loser of the game gets a new coach. Our defense is the most talented it has been since Tuberville left. If Malzahn plays our super talented young receivers and sticks with White, we win. If he plays the upper classmen and only calls passes in the flat we lose. I'm sure we will lose solely due to Malzahn.

I think winner of game gets a reprieve for a few weeks. I doubt Malzahn or Miles keep their jobs this year.

1E5DC609-22BD-407A-9E85-94706B1B5AF8_zpsvcilj9ba.gif

Malzahn is mentally challenged. No defense is giving us 7 seconds for a play to develop, especially with our garbage oline. If the Saints want to make the playoffs, we need to draft Auburn's kicker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom