LSU balling tonight. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen LSU play this well offensively since 2011 or 2007. Know this isn't NFL topic. Can't help my enthusiam my grandma loved LSU and went to LSU-Shreveport. The last game she saw was LSU winning the National Championship over OSU, then she passed two days later.

Georgia Southern had no business being on the same field with them. They looked great but I’m not getting my hopes up until after next weeks game. That will be a real test
The excitement for fans on both sides in Austin is unreal. It's weird I live an hour away east the hype is always LSU and TAMU. At work in Austin the Aggies barely register.

I would have expected nothing less, even from LSU's scrubs if they would have played the whole time. Trash game tonight. The real test is next week.

Georgia Southern had no business being on the same field with them. They looked great but I’m not getting my hopes up until after next weeks game. That will be a real test
As much as I enjoyed seeing LSU score 50+, I was genuinely impressed with the defense. Triple option teams typically gash anyone's defense, but I never saw that tonight. LSU's defense showed a lot of discipline in how they handled the option.

Some of the Saints' style offense stuff that Joe Brady brought to Baton Rouge was evident tonight.
And that's supposed to be the vanilla "pre-season" version of it.

Joe Burrow wearing #9 actually looked
like #9 a few times tonight.

Defense was lights out

Kicker was perfect, although that first FG was not down the middle enough for my liking.

The punter was phenomenal. I mean phenomenal.

Hats off to Coach O. Regardless of how it all ends up, you have to give him credit for making some tough and drastic changes.
From how they recruit, to the coaching staff he's built, and now the scheme and playbook. He's made those changes in stages
at about the right pace.

This LSU team was definitely different tonight. In the past few years, yeah, they would've still blown out Georgia Southern. But the way they did it, the plays they did it with, the efficiency with which they did it, the speed with which they did it -- all of this is new. I'm excited about LSU.

It was on the college board before you even posted this, no worries.
I agree with your sentiments exactly. I didn't know LSU football was real far down the scroll. A great majority of Saints fans are LSU fans. When it comes down to SEC rivals at the end of day we respect and root for them to win a National Championship. Come Sunday a lot of us root for the SAINTS.

This LSU team was definitely different tonight. In the past few years, yeah, they would've still blown out Georgia Southern. But the way they did it, the plays they did it with, the efficiency with which they did it, the speed with which they did it -- all of this is new. I'm excited about LSU.

Agree completely. I've seen LSU teams in the past play down to the level of their opponents far too often. I'm not sure I remember the last time LSU dispatched an inferior opponent so brutally and efficiently. Excited to see more!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom