LSU balling tonight. (1 Viewer)

SAINTS report. And SAINTS super forum. Take this LSU talk elsewhere.

To be fair, I did put a Saints "angle" in it with my post.

Some of the Saints' style offense stuff that Joe Brady brought to Baton Rouge was evident tonight.
And that's supposed to be the vanilla "pre-season" version of it.

Joe Burrow wearing #9 actually looked
like #9 a few times tonight.

This win was expected but it was impressive nonetheless.

Just watching the offense execute it became apparent that we are better than last year. Burrow went through his progressions quickly. He ran some RPO’s smoothly. He was accurate. Receivers held onto the ball. We have real good receivers btw.
The running game didn’t really stand out to me but it didn’t disappoint. The OL did well providing protection and giving up zero sacks.

Defense looks real good. Many had expected GaSouthern to have some success early on but we were on them from the beginning. Real happy to see Tyler Shelvin making an impact. We stayed disciplined. I have to admit that I had trouble following the ball so I was really impressed every time they made a tackle.

Punt return this year is going to be really exciting with Stingley. He had a lot of fair catches but when he gets some room, it could be electric.

I can’t sit here and say how good we are buy I can confidently say that we are better than last year

Last edited:
Joe Burrow wearing #9 actually looked
like #9 a few times tonight.

More of a Tom Brady type QB. Meh athleticism, same size, fair arm, very tough-minded, very smart, very good leader. If he was a little more accurate and consistent, NFL teams would be licking their chops. If's and buts...

More of a Tom Brady type QB. Meh athleticism, same size, fair arm, very tough-minded, very smart, very good leader. If he was a little more accurate and consistent, NFL teams would be licking their chops. If's and buts...

Just meant that he made some accurate throws in very tight windows with excellent ball placement and seemed to flow though his progressions very fast and make good reads.

Just meant that he made some accurate throws in very tight windows with excellent ball placement and seemed to flow though his progressions very fast and make good reads.

Yes, granted it was against lesser competition, but he looked a lot more accurate last night, it is possible he has improved and the new offense has given him more confidence...we will find out....very soon....

Yes, granted it was against lesser competition, but he looked a lot more accurate last night, it is possible he has improved and the new offense has given him more confidence...we will find out....very soon....

He said after the game that this is the offense he's been running since 8th grade. Spread out of the gun. He's comfortable.

Lol... Burrow had over 100 yards rushing last season and you think he had "meh" athleticsm?

SAINTS report. And SAINTS super forum. Take this LSU talk elsewhere.
1) if you don’t like it don’t open the thread
2) lots of topics are N/S
3) this IS saints related....LSU hired a SAINTS offensive assistant, Joe Brady, as their passing game coordinator, to install aspects of the SAINTS passing game into the LSU playbook.
4)similar to the way jr highs start grooming players for the system they’ll be playing at the high school they feed into, this could lead to a drastic increase in the number of LSU players being drafted by the Saints, including Joe Burrow, whocould be getting a head start in showing CSP that he can run the SAINTS offense.

??? He complete 85% of his passes, how accurate do u want him to be?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom