LSU Baseball 2023 (1 Viewer)

Crews has been called up to the Nats AA affiliate. He bypassed the High A club in Wilmington and could get the big call later this season. This is according to an article in The Athletic. He started in Low A and the article basically said he faced better competition in the SEC.
Paywalled

The Washington Nationals are promoting top prospect Dylan Crews to Double-A Harrisburg, according to multiple reports. Here’s what you need to know:

• In 14 games with Single-A Fredericksburg, Crews had 22 hits, 24 RBIs and five home runs.
  • The Nationals selected the former LSU outfielder with the No. 2 pick in the 2023 draft.
  • Crews, who hit .349 or better in every season at LSU, won the 2023 Golden Spikes Award in his final collegiate season, which is given to the nation’s best amateur baseball player.
The Athletic’s instant analysis:

Is this a surprising move?​

Crews was the No. 1 prospect on my board in this year’s MLB draft and hasn’t had any trouble yet with professional pitching, hitting .355/.423/.645 in 14 games for Low-A Fredericksburg, where the overall level of competition is probably less than what Crews saw on weekends playing in the SEC. Anything can happen in a tiny sample, but I’m zero percent surprised that he has continued to hit and show power against a caliber of pitching he’s already dominated.

Last edited:
Skenes promoted to AA by the Pirates too.
Paywalled

Starting pitcher Paul Skenes, the No. 1 pick by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 2023 MLB Draft, has been promoted to Double-A Altoona, the team announced Monday. Here’s what you need to know:

• Skenes has started two games for Single-A Bradenton, throwing three innings of one-hit ball with four strikeouts and no earned runs. He threw harder than 98 mph four times in his most recent outing on August 20.
  • The 6-foot-6 right-hander signed with the Pirates for a record-setting $9.2 million bonus.
  • He is expected to make his Altoona Curve debut Saturday against the Akron RubberDucks.

I also read that he's dating Olivia Dunne. He's living a charmed life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom