LSU Baseball Coach (1 Viewer)

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Any rumors going around yet? feel a little bad since I said early this season, we should think about firing Mainieri and then at the end of the season he announces retirement.... he kinda reminded me of a Mack Brown had the talent but could only get over the hump once...

Pat Casey supposedly was in town a week or two ago, but I don't see that happening. Kevin O'Sullivan has supposedly removed himself from consideration, but there are talks that he was never in serious consideration anyway because of some scandal with a booster. Mike Bianco, Cliff Godwin, Tim Corbin or Jim Schlossnagle? Skip actually hired Manieri over Corbin if I recall. Anyone with a previous connection to LSU has been mentioned, but Scott Woodward has keep things pretty tight.

Last edited:
My first thought was Bianco when I heard the news but dang time sure does fly lol Bianco been at Ole Miss for 21 years and only one CWS appearance so kinda not hoping for that anymore lol I would want someone young and upcoming....

^^ Smokescreen^^

Hopefully, it will be Dan McDonnell from Louisville. He has proven track record-except for this year. lol

Tim Corbin would be nice. But I don't think LSU will pry him away from Vandy.

If they want to go young and promising then there is TONY VITELLO from Tennessee.

Jay is a very good hire. I'm just happy it wasn't Vitello who not only hasn't proven he's worth it after just a single season, is just a terrible person demeanor-wise. I can't stand whiny people.

Johnson has a proven track record of recruiting, developing hitters and CWS experience. Outside of O'Sullivan, O'Connor or Corbin, this was probably the best choice and he's only 44 years old. I know people are going to dislike a west coast choice, but his teams have not been typical west coast-style teams.

Last edited:
i read after he left Arizona, there was a mass exodus of players into the transfer portal. Thats a good sign that they were there to play for him. any transferring to LSU?

found an article/

Edit: I guess at least one. Jacob Berry
acob Berry announced late Saturday night he will transfer to LSU after playing his freshman season with Johnson this spring. Berry batted .352 with 17 home runs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom