LSU Baseball Regional on Television? (1 Viewer)

ClayT101

Tee Retriever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I heard that the regional will be on ESPN 3 (online) only, but as I was flipping through the TV channels last night, it looked like cox was going to have a channel around 1250 that would have the games on TV. Anybody know about this?

I heard it was gonna be on ESPNU..
Haven't looked into it, so its possible it's not true..

I heard that the regional will be on ESPN 3 (online) only, but as I was flipping through the TV channels last night, it looked like cox was going to have a channel around 1250 that would have the games on TV. Anybody know about this?
Saw this as well, but I havent seen confirmation from Cox. ESPN has the rights and they can possibly option some of the games for tv broadcast because they will have the equipment there for broadcasting for ESPN3. ESPN's tv schedule is not set at this point past Friday.

Normally I would lay blame on ESPN's bias towards all things SEC/Southern, but you have to admit this isn't a particularly strong regional (Good for LSU).

I understand the weekend's games will be broadcast on one of the ESPNs.

Those bars that can broadcast the stream could be very popular today if they market themselves.

http://businessreport.com/apps/pbcs...tm_campaign=DailyReportPM#Sports_roundup_ESPN

Screen play:
The NCAA Baseball Regional Tournament in Baton Rouge will not be available on TV for everyone, and will instead be carried on espn3.com and the WatchESPN application for mobile devices, LSU announced today. "ESPN has the right to carry all NCAA baseball regional tournament games in 2013, and it determines on what platform the games will be televised," reads a statement from the university. "LSU played no role in the decision not to provide an over-the-air broadcast." Cox says some of its customers will be able to see the games on TV via its ESPN Bases Loaded channel, which is available to its Cox Advanced TV Plus customers. LSU has a preview of the regional here.

Pretty much CST/Jumbo Sports TV tried to get the rights to air the games but ESPN declined.

Nice job LSU....glad for the seniors to go out in style. Geaux get us a CWS!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom