LSU Basketball 2019-20 Thread (2 Viewers)

True, but the three pointers is what set things up and was making those 'easy' shots work. The big leads they kept running up against the Tigers was due to their draining all those long shots early. Yes, LSU's defense was poor. But it's hard to beat any team that is draining them from downtown all night.

Exactly, but most of those 3's were open shots, I give Vandy's offense credit there...

Vandy won because they shot an insane 57%, including 12 from 3 at 40%. They average 43% fgp which is near the bottom of the SEC.

LSU on the other hand averages 48% and shot 46%. That's the difference in the game. If they play again 9 more times, LSU wins every one of them by double digits. I'm not concerned much after this game, although it's embarrassing. Hopefully this serves as motivation for the rest of the season.

Maybe, you are assuming things stay the same throughout the season, they sometimes don't. My fear is that LSU's weaknesses are gradually being exposed as the season goes on. I hope they improve their ballhandling and intensity (it seems as though they sleepwalk through periods of games, particularly Skylar Mays)...we will see...I'm not as optimistic as you are right now.....

Exactly, but most of those 3's were open shots, I give Vandy's offense credit there...

Maybe, you are assuming things stay the same throughout the season, they sometimes don't. My fear is that LSU's weaknesses are gradually being exposed as the season goes on. I hope they improve their ballhandling and intensity (it seems as though they sleepwalk through periods of games, particularly Skylar Mays)...we will see...I'm not as optimistic as you are right now.....
Every team has weaknesses. Not every team has shown they're able to close out a game at the end. I like their mental toughness and feel that if any game is close, LSU has the edge and will win more than they lose. We're more than a dozen games into the season, so you are who you are by now.

Game time. We need a strong game against Auburn right now to wash out the nasty Vandy taste.

Days is about to spontaneously combust.

I wish we didn't have to worry about how many times this year LSU has given up big leads like they have now.
You can never relax when LSU is playing basketball. :covri:

Just as I thought would happen, the comeback is officially on. :covri:

I see bad things happening in this game. Auburn got it to O.T. :hm:

Mays turned it over when it mattered most.

Auburn is making every 3 point shot now.

This is sickening.

No one even challenged Auburn's 3s down the stretch. And they made every one of them. The handwriting was on the wall.

Bill, who signed the permission slip for you to watch this game? :)

Every team has weaknesses. Not every team has shown they're able to close out a game at the end. I like their mental toughness and feel that if any game is close, LSU has the edge and will win more than they lose. We're more than a dozen games into the season, so you are who you are by now.

True, but LSU has some glaring ones. They've closed out games against lesser opponents that they should have beat handily. Today they faced a better Auburn team and had the game in hand but their lack of defensive intensity and ball handling allowed Auburn to get back in it, force it to OT, and ultimately beat them.

I hope they bounce back and improve but I have my doubts...they simply have glaring weaknesses that good teams will readily expose. Right now my feeling is they are one and done in the tourney....

Score 90 points in each of the last two losses.
Absolutely nauseating.

Bill, who signed the permission slip for you to watch this game? :)
I'm really getting self-conscious about my ability to watch a winning performance live.
I didn't get to watch the games that LSU won earlier this year. It's crazy.

I mean, I want the win but there is no shame in taking a 1 point loss on the road to the #11 team after overtime. If LSU has major deficiencies, then so does Auburn. It's a tough loss, but not a bad loss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom