LSU Basketball (1 Viewer)

St. David

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
When will the board at LSU step up and FIRE John Brady? He is the worst basketball coach at any level I have ever seen! How many 15+ point leads does his teams have to blow???????

That Final Four run was the worst thing that has happened to LSU Basketball since Brady got hired.

That Final Four run was the worst thing that has happened to LSU Basketball since Brady got hired.

I agree, although it was fun to watch. See the thing is this. Brady has no idea how to build a team and has no idea how build talent around either a PG or a dominating center. He recruits a bunch of hyrbid players that never really translate to anything. During the run in the final four, had he not had Tyrus Thomas, we are nowhere. Of course Big Baby was pretty well known, Minor was okay, Temple was good and a few other contributors. But Thomas was lights out on D, and made things happen on offense. The combo of GD and TT was $$$$$.

So the reason Brady is still around is because he does do a pretty good job of recruiting, although his philosophy is garbage. I just wish we could have had D.J Aug. and a chance at Monroe. I don't blame them though.

It's time for Brady to move on now. Because someone could come in and almost immediately develop the talent that we have. And make no mistake :mad: there is plenty of talent on the team, Brady just doesn't know what to do with it.

In his tenure, he has had 37 players either leave/transfer, quit, or become ineligible, that right there should be a sign.

He went after DJ hard. I would see him at Brother Martin at least once a week. Sometimes more. I still remember walking into the gym for practice and seeing Roy Williams there. That was a shock. I never saw Barnes at BM, I always saw one of his assistants.

I'm spoiled right now with basketball coaches.

My wvu boys got Huggins and my Cards have Petino.

...remember folks, I was born and raised in the Ville.
Cardinal basketball has been my pride and joy since I could walk.
I follow their fb as well but my eers come first in that dept.

I find it funny that I was ripping on Brady last year and was kinda hazed.
Maybe some didn't like the fact I called your coach a recruiter only.
Sometimes the truth hurts I guess. To be honest, I've been waiting for him
to get canned for about 5 years now. Big Baby saved his job.

Brady wasn't a good recruiter. With all the players Temple Sr. steered towards LSU (Big Baby, Tyrus Thomas, Tasmin Mitchell, and I think Brandon Bass), he deserves more credit for the Final Four appearance, which saved Brady's job.

Every one of Brady's teams had the same huge problem; no true PG, which resulted in no consistency at all.

If Brady was a good recruiter he would have tried to bring in a PG that wasn't a complete project, or maybe he would have locked up the best players in Louisiana every year.

About 5 or 6 years too late. Sickening that he only graduated 10 players in 11 years (most either transfered or went Pro early). Should be interesting to see who they bring in. I'd like either one of the coaches from either Washington State or Virginia Commonwealth.

It is about freakin time Brady got fired!

He should have been gone years ago. He is an awful coach and the B-ball program is a joke while almost every other sport at Lsu is very good.

I completely agree that the Final four run was bad for the program, cause it bought Brady a couple more years and just set the program back further. Anyone is an upgrade over Brady!!!!!

It is about freakin time Brady got fired!

He should have been gone years ago. He is an awful coach and the B-ball program is a joke while almost every other sport at Lsu is very good.

I completely agree that the Final four run was bad for the program, cause it bought Brady a couple more years and just set the program back further. Anyone is an upgrade over Brady!!!!!

1.) There is no Final Four run that is bad for a program. I get what you are saying that Brady got extra years but either way you slice it, its good for the program.

2.) The program really isn't set back. The thing is that he could recruit but he couldn't keep them, develop the talent, or run any type of offense. The athletes are in place for someone to come in and recruit a PG, and add an outside threat while developing the players that are on the roster and things should get better immediately.

Yeah, but you see, the thing is Brady really didn't recruit that well. Butch Pierre is the head recruiter and he was the one who brought the talent in. As well as Collis Temple pointing all those great athletes to LSU. Pierre brought the talent, and it was Brady's job to develop it, and he failed miserably!!!

There has been loads of talent to come through the program, and we have nothing to show for it!

Yes, the Final Four run was great and exciting but in the long run it hurt the program IMO. During that tournament run, the team just got hot and beat teams with less talent, with the exception of the Duke game. But look what happened when they got to the Final Four. They came up against a team with egual talent, but a much better coach, and they got absolutely destroyed. That team was not ready to play, and got outcoached, outhustled, and outplayed, and all of that is a reflection on the coach.

Look what happened after that tournament. The program has gone straight down the tubes. They have done nothing since then. And the SEC isn't even that tough of a confrence, especially in the west.

I am just glad we can finally go in a new direction. The only thing i wish was that we should have fired Brady last year and gone after Tubby Smith. He is an awesome coach and would have built this program up to the level of Florida or even better, but oh well. I hope we get a hungry young coach to be here for five to six years or longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom