LSU fans vote for Team of the Decade (1 Viewer)

Right now they have to be considered the team of the decade. I mean they have 2 BCS championships, 3 SEC championships, 4 or 5 west division titles, how many 10+ win seasons?, and a solid bowl record.

But a lot can change in 3 years.

that poll is nuts. LSU and USC should be much closer...both have 2 national titles and SC has been to more BCS bowl games, with a 5-1 record.

...i give the edge to SC, but its close.

that poll is nuts. LSU and USC should be much closer...both have 2 national titles and SC has been to more BCS bowl games, with a 5-1 record.

...i give the edge to SC, but its close.

Last time I checked LSU is the only 2 time BCS National Champion and since the BCS National Champion is the only one recognized in the 2000's then that means LSU has TWO and USC has ONE.

Last time I checked LSU is the only 2 time BCS National Champion and since the BCS National Champion is the only one recognized in the 2000's then that means LSU has TWO and USC has ONE.

:covri: There are multiple national titles, all recognized. You can debate whether a team deserved them, or which national title is more relevant, but you can't debate that they aren't recognized.

In fact, even Oklahoma won a 2003 national title.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

:covri: There are multiple national titles, all recognized. You can debate whether a team deserved them, or which national title is more relevant, but you can't debate that they aren't recognized.

In fact, even Oklahoma won a 2003 national title.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

Thanks for the link. It validates my point.

Since 1998, the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) has conducted a bowl contest between it's two top-ranked teams to determine a national champion.

A number of polling organizations also provide a final ranking of Division I-A football teams at the end of each season.

44,000 votes and LSU 84%.

I voted at least 10 times. Delete your cookies and return to the site to vote again.

Thanks for the link. It validates my point.

Yeah, I don't necessarily disagree with LSU being the team of the decade. I do think USC is far closer than people here think, and I do believe a case could be made either way. I think USC has been flashier (Matt Leinart vs. Matt Mauk and Matt Flynn) (Reggie Bush and Lindell White vs. Justin Vincent and Jacob Hester) and that gets them a lot of pull from the media. I wouldn't have it at 80%, I'd have it closer to probably 55% or so, but I would lean towards LSU. But, and this is a big but, there's still 2 more years in the decade for someone to truly distance themselves from the pack either way.

As for some of the Miami comments above...well, the last 3-4 years or so have ended their case barring a dramatic turnaround in 08 and 09 (at least in my book because they lack the consistency), but let's not forget just how incredibly dominant those Miami teams the first few years of the decade were. They won a BCS title, and literally had the second stolen from their clinches due to an awful, and delayed, call by an official. Those teams were dominant, and the players in the NFL and the impact they had just goes to show how purely talented those teams were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jy51IvIL30&feature=related

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom