LSU fans vote for Team of the Decade (1 Viewer)

Those teams were dominant, and the players in the NFL and the impact they had just goes to show how purely talented those teams were.

No kidding. People talk about USC being loaded but lets take a quick look at that Miami title team:

<TABLE class=wikitable><TBODY><TR><TH>Position</TH><TH>Name</TH></TR><TR><TD>QB</TD><TD>Ken Dorsey</TD></TR><TR><TD>FB</TD><TD>Najeh Davenport</TD></TR><TR><TD>HB</TD><TD>Clinton Portis</TD></TR><TR><TD>TE</TD><TD>Jeremy Shockey</TD></TR><TR><TD>SE</TD><TD>Andre Johnson</TD></TR><TR><TD>FL</TD><TD>Kevin Beard</TD></TR><TR><TD>LT</TD><TD>Bryant McKinnie</TD></TR><TR><TD>LG</TD><TD>Sherko Haji-Rasouli</TD></TR><TR><TD>C</TD><TD>Brett Romberg</TD></TR><TR><TD>RG</TD><TD>Martin Bibla</TD></TR><TR><TD>RT</TD><TD>Joaquin Gonzalez</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=wikitable><TBODY><TR><TH>Position</TH><TH>Name</TH></TR><TR><TD>RE</TD><TD>Jerome McDougle</TD></TR><TR><TD>DT</TD><TD>Matt Walters</TD></TR><TR><TD>DT</TD><TD>William Joseph</TD></TR><TR><TD>LE</TD><TD>Andrew Williams</TD></TR><TR><TD>WLB</TD><TD>D.J. Williams</TD></TR><TR><TD>MLB</TD><TD>Jonathan Vilma</TD></TR><TR><TD>SLB</TD><TD>Chris Campbell</TD></TR><TR><TD>RCB</TD><TD>Mike Rumph</TD></TR><TR><TD>FS</TD><TD>James Lewis</TD></TR><TR><TD>SS</TD><TD>Ed Reed</TD></TR><TR><TD>LCB</TD><TD>Phillip Buchanon</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Special Teams

<TABLE class=wikitable><TBODY><TR><TH>Position</TH><TH>Name</TH></TR><TR><TD>K</TD><TD>Todd Sievers</TD></TR><TR><TD>P</TD><TD>Freddie Capshaw</TD></TR><TR><TD>KR</TD><TD>Andre Johnson</TD></TR><TR><TD>KR</TD><TD>Frank Gore</TD></TR><TR><TD>PR</TD><TD>Phillip Buchanon</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not only did this team have Davenport, Portis and Frank Gore but also some freshman named Willis McGahee sitting on the bench. Not to mention a TE backup called Kellen Winslow.

:covri: There are multiple national titles, all recognized. You can debate whether a team deserved them, or which national title is more relevant, but you can't debate that they aren't recognized.

In fact, even Oklahoma won a 2003 national title.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

I understand that the AP National Champion is still valid, so because they were voted number 1 they have that national championship. But in accordance with that shouldnt LSU get 2 National titles from this year?

I understand that the AP National Champion is still valid, so because they were voted number 1 they have that national championship. But in accordance with that shouldnt LSU get 2 National titles from this year?

The AP voted them #1 this year, so why wouldn't they be entitled to it?

Wow. This is amazing! At over 48,000 votes LSU still at 84%. Apparently not many people in southern California have found this poll...

So far, I have to agree that LSU is the team of the decade so far, but there are three years left (2010 counts as the last year of the first decade, remember), so it's really too early to crown anyone yet.

Last time i checked the final game is called the BCS National Championship game, the BCS determines who goes where. I haven't heard of an AP National Championship game. So according to this LSU has two and USC has one.

I have no problem with sharing the title because it's naive to think that LSU definitively was the better team in '03. However, USCers need to recognize a split title the following year as well, because just as it's naive of me to think USC couldn't have beaten LSU, it's naive of them to think that an undefeated Auburn couldn't have beaten them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom