LSU fires Les Miles and Cam Cameron (merged) (1 Viewer)

Coaching candidates.
From the pro's:
Jack Del Rio- His wife is from Louisiana and a couple of his kids live in Louisiana I believe. Always liked him, thinks he would make a Nick Saban type coach. Probability Low.

Sean Peyton: If New Orleans Doesn't turn it around, he might be available. Not sure what type of college coach he would make. Probability really low.

College level:
Jumbo Fisher: He's the boosters choice. I don't know why he would take the job and he just had a 63 burger laid down on him. I don't' think he would be a huge upgrade. LOW

Tom Herdon: The fans choice. Offensive genius, buy I don't know if he'd take the job. He has turned down several jobs already. Not a real big proven track record. medium to high.

Art Briles: Lot's of baggage. Would be a bad hire and a step back IMO. medium

Bobby Petrino: Proven track record every where he goes except Atalanta ( no Explanation needed) He's always looking for a better job. Actually would be a good hire. Medium

Ed Orgeron: he would have to win out to get the job. The talent is there, it is not out of the realm of possibility. Low

Mike Gundy: Probably nobodies favorite choice. Mediocre record at OK St. If the top 2 turn the job down, like it or not I think this will be the guy. high

My totally novice opinion.

I just checked. There are no HC vacancies in Austin, TX. ;)

thank goodness.

Herman is the guy i would like to see here as well. He learned from Meyer ( recruiting etc ) - heck he came into La. and took a 4 Star Dlineman to go to HOUSTON!

I said before the fact that LSU coaching position is available NOW as opposed to end of season when there may be a few "destination" programs to choose from will give us a jump. The opportunity to be at LSU is just too great ( the allure- the school, the domination in being THE school in La. for recruiting purposes)

AND DAMMIT WE NEED A QB-centric COACH. lol.

If Briles becomes the next LSU coach, it's because evey other candidate fell through. You dont cut lose a scandal-free, well-loved coach like Miles and replace him with Briles coming off sexual harassment issues in his program and claiming no knowledge of it. I think it's more likely that Herman leaves (TAMU, UT, LSU, AU) and Briles takes over at UH.

if any LSU fan has visions of Herman in purple and gold, you better hope Charlie Strong wins the Big XII.

Looks like I'm a UT fan for the rest of the season.
Hookem_hand.png

The LSU administration should be on the chopping block as well for wasting LFs last season by not firing Less last November

The LSU administration should be on the chopping block as well for wasting LFs last season by not firing Less last November

I certainly thought that in bailing Miles out at the last minute, Joe Alleva was hitching his future to that of Miles. Of course, I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but that's how I viewed it. Maybe I'm wrong about the facts of Miles' staying at the end of last year.

But I'm not so sure that the Board is going to move on Alleva as well - unless it happens very soon. I think top coaching prospects would be wary of joining a program that might be losing its AD at the same time (without knowing who the AD is).

I certainly thought that in bailing Miles out at the last minute, Joe Alleva was hitching his future to that of Miles. Of course, I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but that's how I viewed it. Maybe I'm wrong about the facts of Miles' staying at the end of last year.

But I'm not so sure that the Board is going to move on Alleva as well - unless it happens very soon. I think top coaching prospects would be wary of joining a program that might be losing its AD at the same time (without knowing who the AD is).

its my understanding F.King was the one who pulled the plug on the deal. Not Alleva.

Allevas issue was, imo, leaking and allowing leaks the week leading up to the actual day where F King ( and Jindal came out in support of Miles ) said "not gonna happen". I sincerely thought Alleva would be dismissed but alas, he still around playing both sides of the fence ( TAF and Board/Admn) it seems.

its a shame really.

10 years from now another chapter of "what could have been".

Calm down.

This time last season, the Heisman was sewn up. It's was already being engraved for LF7. He didn't even get invited and all because of 3 games at the end of the year. If he has 3 monster games at the end of the season this year, the trophy is his again.

College football has a funny way of turning itself on its head several times throughout the year...

That's pretty telling if you ask me and I'll explain why. This is week 5 of the NCAA Football Season. There are no coaches out there with which to round out your staff or replace a current coach. This means you're going to have to dig around the pool of people currently in Football Ops and make due with what you have. In Cameron you have a guy who has been successful in college and the NFL. He's a guy that players like Joe Flacco and Drew Brees have given credit to for improving their game. That's more than $300 million in NFL contracts giving the guy praise.

Orgeron has the perspective from inside the locker room. You'd think that if he saw that Cam was hamstrung by Les in terms of playcalling, that he would still be on the sidelines to call plays this coming week. Instead, Coach O has chosen to remove the OC and shuffle the coaching staff with more than half the season to go because he feels it will improve the team.

You don't make that move unless there is a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom