LSU fires Les Miles and Cam Cameron (merged) (1 Viewer)

I thought they would wait until end of season.

No reason to. They've got nothing to play for and an entire season of dragging it out would do more harm than good. Best just get it over with and do what should have been done last year and take the recruiting hit (if it comes) and move forward.

Awesome! Next on the chopping block... Sean Payton.

Will-Ferrell-Thats-dumb.gif

A friend with ties to the coaching fraternity suggested that Ed Briles may be on LSU's list. He spoke very highly of Ed as a football coach. The Baylor rape scandal hangs over his head.

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing along some casual chatter.

***Post comment edit, meant Art Briles, obviously***

I like Miles; think he is a better man than Saban. That said, he had to go. He has done less with more than any coach I can think of. I wonder who will run the offense for the remainder?

It needed to happen. Going forward, I hope we can keep the new DC on with whoever takes over. I was high on him and still am.

any one see Finebaum on SC saying LSU is a top 5 job and could get damn near any one. Yes I know Finebaum

Um, 0-2 start for 3 straight years. It would be dumb not to fire him. It's just a no-brainer at this point.
Yeah. If you want to be the Browns. But I'm not going to debate something that's not even realistic in a thread to discuss Les Miles.

On the flip side, I'm chuckling at the Auburn fans wistfully looking southward at what could have been...

A friend with ties to the coaching fraternity suggested that Ed Briles may be on LSU's list. He spoke very highly of Ed as a football coach. The Baylor rape scandal hangs over his head.

This is starting to pop up a lot of places. Everyone has a "big time booster friend" who is telling them Art Briles is either coming in this season as a consultant or on the short list for HC. Not putting any stock in it right now because more often than not when everyone has inside info, no one has inside info.

But it would be a PR nightmare.

Every woman on campus just started crying

This is starting to pop up a lot of places. Everyone has a "big time booster friend" who is telling them Art Briles is either coming in this season as a consultant or on the short list for HC. Not putting any stock in it right now because more often than not when everyone has inside info, no one has inside info.

But it would be a PR nightmare.
Oh wow. And I thought UGA sold its soul for a shot at a title. How could anyone even consider Briles at this point?

Miles brought this on himself. He refused to change his ways and now he's out of a job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom