(LSU) Jayden Daniels transfers to Tigers… (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
I think this is a really good move for the LSU football program! Daniels is a kid that I am a fan of… and even rooted for him to land with the Saints had he declared for this year’s draft!! I think he wins the job at LSU for next season outright, and gives the Tigers a very viable QB.

IMHO, he has a very similar opportunity that Joe Burrow had at LSU, and I won’t be at all surprised if he parlays this transfer into a high 1st round grade in the 2023 draft!

Great news for the Tigers!

Geaux Tigers!

Haven't seen this kid play at all... be interesting if he can't beat out MB

I'm good with the transfer, but the few ASU games I saw last year at no point did I feel he was a guy that could help LSU. He is wildly inconsistent and does not appear to be very accurate. His freshman year was good for a true freshman statistically, but he seems to have regressed. I know ASU has become a dumpster fire and he has a new OC so not really sure what LSU is getting here.

Speaking with some ASU fans from my time living in PHX, they told me he hasn't picked up the new OCs offense very well. He's not a bad kid, but he's not that Alpha QB either. He's kinda like Ian Book, but without the alpha personality according to one guy. His mom apparently had some access into the program that was a little strange for a parent that I certainly do not expect to continue under Kelly.

I think he pushes Myles, which is probably the intent. According to a sportswriter on AFT yesterday that has covered him since HS, Davis expects to start.

Unless Brennan gets hurt again, there is no way Daniels starts over him. But i do like the transfer. Nussmier just doesn't excite me at all as a #2 with Brennan's glass body out there as #1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom