LSU new coach Brian Kelley (official) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

But he'll be recruiting against Sabin, Fisher and Smart. He didn't have to compete against those coaches up north. Not saying he won't do good just a concern.
Louisiana is a hot bed for talent and reports are he will keep some influential staff.
It may not "splash" but when your 5 star QB sends out an IG post LFG, you gotta believe.

I always wondered what happened to him. He'll make a great coach.

1*Tpgc7-kFJlVt9x8vqljXlA.jpeg

He was hamstrung at ND regarding recruiting within ND rules (including GPA etc ). He won't have that issue here.
And still averaged a top 13 recruiting class over 12 years with a few top 10 classes in a time where it’s harder than anytime in history to recruit at ND.

Also, in the 15 years prior to him getting to ND they had 2 10 win seasons. In the next 12 when he was there they had 7.

Guy can recruit and coach. Should be a good hire

We have the best high school football talent in the country. All Kelly has to do is keep enough of it from going to Alabama.
This for sure. If you don’t believe it just pull up the rosters of a few other teams. You will find way that too many LA guys playing out of state. It’s unbelievable for a small populated state like Louisiana (compared to the Texas’, California’s, etc) how many great football players there are. Everybody recruits in LA. Find a way to keep them home. Kelly is the type of Coach, with his great winning track record, to hopefully do just that.

5 years / $15mil per year WOW I think we could have gotten Nick Saban back for that kinda money lol

Kelly want's a National Championship; something he knows he has a good shot at in the SEC, I just hope he brings or hires a new DC, Bo Pallini's defense

is just too complicated and the secondary is often confused.

Why can’t LSU keep a coach! Maybe it’s normal but it sure seems like
they go through coaches a lot.

Good safe hire but not a reach. Time will tell how he does with players with greater aggregate speed and lesser aggerate SAT scores. Might have to change his recruiting standards. I was hoping for Fickell to be given the opportunity. He was doing great with two star talent I would love to see what he could do with four and five star kids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom