LSU new coach Brian Kelley (official) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

Could have easily got Matt freaking Campbell and they settle for this 60 year old ancient clown.

I mean, I would have rathered a younger coach, but Kelly is apparently only about 4 years older than Saban when he took the Alabama job.

Not a fan of Colin Cowherd, but he had a really good piece today on LSU/ND/Kelly. As soon as it posts to YT, I'll link it.

Brian Kelly is a gutless worm who is involved in the deaths of at least two students during his tenure at ND, including one who killed herself after being marginalized by Kelly and the ND administration and being attacked by the ND fanbase after she accused Prince Shembo of raping her. Not to mention the poor student videographer who died when the scissor lift he was on was toppled by strong winds during a football practice. I would also be remiss if I didn't mention the slimy, and gutless way he left his Cincinnati players when he took the ND job AND the 10min meeting he had today when he left ND. I will refuse to support LSU football as long as this scumbag is the coach.

Brian Kelly is a gutless worm who is involved in the deaths of at least two students during his tenure at ND, including one who killed herself after being marginalized by Kelly and the ND administration and being attacked by the ND fanbase after she accused Prince Shembo of raping her. Not to mention the poor student videographer who died when the scissor lift he was on was toppled by strong winds during a football practice. I would also be remiss if I didn't mention the slimy, and gutless way he left his Cincinnati players when he took the ND job AND the 10min meeting he had today when he left ND. I will refuse to support LSU football as long as this scumbag is the coach.

Seek help .

Seriously .

Did you support LSU before the hire?

Disagree somewhat here (though I think Kelly will be fine re: recruiting)....For every Nick Saban there is a Gerry Dinardo....for every Les Miles there is a Curly Hallman....

Nick Saban (as much as he is hated) put LSU back on the map recruiting wise, thankfully we have pretty much stayed there but nothing is guaranteed....

I think it’s true that major failures are not impossible, but it takes a very bad recruiter to fail in Louisiana at LSU. It’s really in a class of it’s own in terms of access. The state is a top 5 producer of college football talent and it’s the only state within that 5 with only 1 Power 5 school. It might be easy to recruit at places like Bama, Georgia, etc. But I don’t know that there’s anywhere “easier” than LSU.

I think you would agree that when you think of the marquee LSU recruits like Fournette, Devin White, Odell Beckham, etc it would not have mattered who was recruiting them, they were always going to go to LSU. Unless a recruiter shows up and says, “You blow we don’t want you”, LSU will be fine even with Kelly being relatively unfamiliar with the territory.

Last edited:
name one coach, any coach and we can find some dirty shirty things he has done, you can bet on that.

We should start a Kelly/Arch Manning rumor
Its not a rumor. When BK was first contacted about the LSU job a month ago, he reached out to people he had connections to in La to talk about the LSU position. He recently signed a big recruit out of Rummel, so I would bet the Rummel staff was one place he reached out to. How much you wanna bet the Mannings were on that contact list?

Not a "homerun" hire... But a very very good one, and huge upgrade over Coach O... Kelly is a football rocket scientist compared to (bless his heart) "O". Better than I thought they'd be able to do after Lincoln went to USC - That's for sure.
Not a homerun hire? Dude’s got more wins at ND than Knute Rockne and only Saban has more wins among active coaches.

Not a homerun hire? Dude’s got more wins at ND than Knute Rockne and only Saban has more wins among active coaches.
Maybe an in the park, two error, homerun? The more I hear about Kelly, the more I like him. I hope he brings a Saban type air to the program, no nonsense.

Dude’s got more wins at ND than Knute Rockne

As many times as ive heard this factoid, and repeated it, over the last couple of days- i still cant wrap my head around it.. it’s like somehting that’s not even real life.. it’s like saying you hired someone who parted the seas better than Moses or something.. just hard to believe it isnt fiction, but it’s in fact true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom