LSU new coach Brian Kelley (official) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

But he'll be recruiting against Sabin, Fisher and Smart. He didn't have to compete against those coaches up north. Not saying he won't do good just a concern.
Hopefully he retains coaches with deep ties to La High schools.

I do question how well he recruits against SEC coaches.
And he's never really had a great defense. You gotta have at least a decent defense to win in the SEC.
Hopefully it'll be a good hire.
"...he's never really had a great defense"; isn't true.

Not a "homerun" hire... But a very very good one, and huge upgrade over Coach O... Kelly is a football rocket scientist compared to (bless his heart) "O". Better than I thought they'd be able to do after Lincoln went to USC - That's for sure.

Not a "homerun" hire... But a very very good one, and huge upgrade over Coach O... Kelly is a football rocket scientist compared to (bless his heart) "O". Better than I thought they'd be able to do after Lincoln went to USC - That's for sure.

it needed to be the right hire. After all the distractions from allegations, the OBJ incident, Os lack of institutional control, the OC turnover etc....Kelly will now have gobs of talent to pair with his coaching ( and coaches ) abilities as well as bring control to the LSU football program. Something that was sorely needed.

Brian Kelly don’t play. I think that’s a good thing for the program right now.

I'm starting to warm up to this hire, dude has no controversy around him....zero...boring disciplinarian that is driven to get a NC....I think exactly what LSU needs right now...

You won the national championship 2 years ago, you're very relevant. Try being a Maryland fan, we ain't been relevant for 20 years :hihi:

UMD taking the money and moving to the Big 10 conference was a death knell for their football program. They simply can't recruit like those big 10 schools. Their football stadium is less than half the size of most Big 10 schools.....My son graduated from UMD in 2017, never went to a single football game, nor did most of his friends....they did go to multiple basketball games....the worst part about the move though is no Duke and NC twice a year in basketball....that sucks....

When I first saw Brian Kelly's name, for some reason my brain slipped a gear and I thought it was Chip Kelly, and I said OH NO!

Happy with the hire, he has skins on the wall, and think he will do well down here.

You won the national championship 2 years ago, you're very relevant. Try being a Maryland fan, we ain't been relevant for 20 years :hihi:
Well like Saints fans, LSU fans expect to go all the way every year. If he comes here and can't beat Alabama or loses 4 games a season he'll be outta here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom