LSU practice (1 Viewer)

saintsfannca

Very Banned
Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying I've always thought the Saints/LSU aversion is a bit overrated... But I don't think it can necessarily be ignored that LSU has the most players in the NFL almost EVERY YEAR. Compounded by this article I just read about LSU's practice today with scouts from half the league (and even a Canadian team), and no representative from the Saints.... Just find it a bit odd the Saints can't travel an hour to go watch the school that puts more players in the NFL than any other school. I'm not one of the people that has been banging on about the current Saints Organization avoiding LSU players, but it is a very strange coincidence if nothing else...

"The sidelines at practice had a different look as there were plenty of NFL scouts on hand throughout the day. Tuesdays on non-conference home games under Les Miles were scheduled as days when NFL scouts could come in and several teams took advantage of the day.

LSU had two rooms full of scouts watching practice and there were well over 30 scouts in attendance. At practice, scouts from the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys were observed. Also in attendance was a scout from the CFL's Ottawa Redblacks."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talked to a scout who was at LSU this week. Coach O ran 1s v. 1s. &quot;Most spirited practice I&#39;ve been to all fall. An incredible practice.&quot;</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/786230697681747970">October 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's pretty well known that the Saints are well represented at LSU workouts and practices. When they show up, they show up in full force. This is a non-issue.

The proximity of Nola to br allows saints scouts to attend practice any time they want. No need to do it same time everybody else is there

It's pretty well known that the Saints are well represented at LSU workouts and practices. When they show up, they show up in full force. This is a non-issue.

These.

The Saints send plenty of scouts to LSU's games and practices so they can build a player profile for when they play against us in the NFL.

We need to start drafting LSU defensive backs/passrushers and players from Bama's front seven ASAP. Arden Key, Kendall Beckwith, Tre White, Tim Williams, Reuben Foster for example. All of those players will shine at the next level IMO

We need to start drafting LSU defensive backs/passrushers and players from Bama's front seven ASAP. Arden Key, Kendall Beckwith, Tre White, Tim Williams, Reuben Foster for example. All of those players will shine at the next level IMO

Most of them I understand but at what position do you see Arden Key shining?

He's listed as a 6'6" 238lb DE!!

Most of them I understand but at what position do you see Arden Key shining?

He's listed as a 6'6" 238lb DE!!

Just 12 pounds away from being more respectably heft.

He'll be fine. Once he learns how to add some bend to his pass rush, he'll be too fast off the line and get low enough to make it impossible for OTs to get hold of him in time.

As for LSU players in general. We probably don't need to physically be there. I mean, it's down the friggin' road. Could send scouts there without even arranging hotel fare.

Tre'Davious White, Kendall Beckwith, Davon Godchaux, Lewis Neal. One of them could well wind up on our team if things fall right.

Never get how college fandom can roll THAT deep. I'm LSU fan till I die, but even I don't care about what college a player went once he's going to the NFL. Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Texas A&M. I can think of at least one player on all of those teams I'd LOVE to see play for the Saints next year. And I do not like any of those teams. And totally hate Florida right now.

Take Caleb Brantley, Teez Tabor, or Jarrad Davis in a hot second.

The Saints send plenty of scouts to LSU's games and practices so they can build a player profile for when they play against us in the NFL.

Dangit, clemms,. Don't mess with the poor tiger homeslices. The draft is all they have left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom