LSU practice (1 Viewer)

The Cardinals and 49ers have taken notice...Rashard Robinson 4the round pick for 49ers has been the best cornerback this year as a rookie.

I'll preface this by saying I've always thought the Saints/LSU aversion is a bit overrated... But I don't think it can necessarily be ignored that LSU has the most players in the NFL almost EVERY YEAR. Compounded by this article I just read about LSU's practice today with scouts from half the league (and even a Canadian team), and no representative from the Saints.... Just find it a bit odd the Saints can't travel an hour to go watch the school that puts more players in the NFL than any other school. I'm not one of the people that has been banging on about the current Saints Organization avoiding LSU players, but it is a very strange coincidence if nothing else...

"The sidelines at practice had a different look as there were plenty of NFL scouts on hand throughout the day. Tuesdays on non-conference home games under Les Miles were scheduled as days when NFL scouts could come in and several teams took advantage of the day.

LSU had two rooms full of scouts watching practice and there were well over 30 scouts in attendance. At practice, scouts from the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals, Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys were observed. Also in attendance was a scout from the CFL's Ottawa Redblacks."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talked to a scout who was at LSU this week. Coach O ran 1s v. 1s. &quot;Most spirited practice I&#39;ve been to all fall. An incredible practice.&quot;</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/786230697681747970">October 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

signs1.jpg

Albert Breer needs to shut his trap about LSU practices. Nobody needs to know there is a new atmosphere and energy level at LSU practices.:hihi:

BTW, Jamal Adams has tons of potential !!

They said the same about Mingo. Now he's playing for the Patriots

Are you serious? Mingo has been a colossal bust thus far...he is the definition of a tweener, with very few exceptions they really don't have a place in the nfl any longer...

LSU currently has 53 Active Players in the NFL and Ohio State has 51, and Alabama has 54. I think we are OK.

1 Alabama 54
2 Miami (FL) 54
3 LSU LA 53
4 Florida 53
5 Florida St. 53
6 USC CA 51
7 Ohio St. 51
8 Georgia 46
9 Clemson 42

10 Notre Dame 41

We are well represented amongst the Top 10 most popular college pipelines..

Harper, Roman Alabama
Ingram, Mark Alabama
Anthony, Stephone Clemson
Ellerbe, Dannell Georgia
Jenkins, John Georgia
Thomas, Michael OSU
Bell, Vonn OSU
Laurinaitis, James OSU

Carter, Tony (IR) FSU
Pettway, D.J. (IR) Alabama
Swann, Damian (IR) Georgia
Williams, P.J. (IR) FSU

Stoneburner, Jake (PSqd) OSU

Key just looks better than Mingo. Quicker off the snap.

Also, I'm not 100% but I think Mingo came in at just over 200lbs and left at around the size Key is now.

When Mingo arrived at LSU, he was 6'5, 190lbs. Lol. He RSed and left LSU around 240 or so.

isn't he a sophomore?

It doesn't matter. With his frame he will likely never be able to "bulk up".

He's Barkevious Mingo II. He was taken in the first round by the Browns and has 7 sacks in 4 seasons and even the Browns sent him on his way.

People wonder why in big games against teams with big offensive lines why LSU's front 7 gets pushed around and worn down well there's your answer.

I have nothing against the kid but 250 pound DE's don't make a living in the NFL.

It doesn't matter. With his frame he will likely never be able to "bulk up".

He's Barkevious Mingo II. He was taken in the first round by the Browns and has 7 sacks in 4 seasons and even the Browns sent him on his way.

People wonder why in big games against teams with big offensive lines why LSU's front 7 gets pushed around and worn down well there's your answer.

I have nothing against the kid but 250 pound DE's don't make a living in the NFL.

Not that I disagree with what you're saying, but have the Browns ever had a draft pick pan out?

We need to start drafting LSU defensive backs/passrushers and players from Bama's front seven ASAP. Arden Key, Kendall Beckwith, Tre White, Tim Williams, Reuben Foster for example. All of those players will shine at the next level IMO

Would absolutely love to have Key opposite Cam and Beckwith at MLB. Those 2 additions would instantly change our front 7. I love Beckwiths game and think he would be a great fit here with Anthony playing either SAM or WILL. Key can't leave for another year but I really hope he is someone we set out sights on the following draft. He is thin but has the frame to put on good weight to be an everydown DE. Some compare him to Mingo but Key is much better suited for the NFL IMO. This kid with another 10-15 lbs and some strength with both should come naturally is going to be a terror off the edge. IMO he is exactly what we need opposite Cam. Having an all around DE like Cam we can afford to have someone playing opposite like Key who isn't strong against the run. That's fine with me I just want someone who can flat out get after the QB while being an everydown DE who can at least hold his own in the run game.

In the next 2 drafts landing a DE and CB in the 1st rounds while going LB in the 2nd will have this defense loaded top to bottom. Our defense now healthy is a stud DE away from being a very good group. We could also use a young athletic LB and a nickel/dime CB. Hitting on those 3 areas this offseason along with natural improvement from the young guys like Anthony, PJ, Bell, Rankins, and Crawley can turn into a top 10 defense with great depth. We are so close to being dominant on both sides of the ball.

The Cardinals and 49ers have taken notice...Rashard Robinson 4the round pick for 49ers has been the best cornerback this year as a rookie.

I was begging for us to draft this kid all last year. Was the 1 player I really wanted to come away with in this draft because of his talent and the value for where he could have been picked. If not for being dismissed from LSU was easily a 1st round pick and likely a top 10 pick. Kid is going to be a pro bowl CB and we got have got him in the 3rd-4th round where I was hoping we would snag him. I do like Tre White as well and think he would be a perfect fit here as the nickel CB. Breaux and PJ as the big athletic boundary CBs with White covering the slot would be amazing. Let Crawley, Moore, Swann, Harriss, and whoever else battle out the last few CB slots while competing to be the dime CB.

Key just looks better than Mingo. Quicker off the snap.

Also, I'm not 100% but I think Mingo came in at just over 200lbs and left at around the size Key is now.

Mingo was never 200lbs at LSU or anywhere near it. Both are very similar players. Mingo had an amazing first step and closed on QB's as fast as I've ever seen. He was just too small. I'm not a big fan of those 6'6 240lb edge rushers coming out of college. They just rarely pan out.

Mingo was never 200lbs at LSU or anywhere near it. Both are very similar players. Mingo had an amazing first step and closed on QB's as fast as I've ever seen. He was just too small. I'm not a big fan of those 6'6 240lb edge rushers coming out of college. They just rarely pan out.

It's not the height and weight, it's the power, explosiveness, and moves. Some of the best DE's and OLB's to ever strap on a helmet weighed 240 or even less. Vonn Miller now weighs about 250, but was not that heavy his first 2 years. Abraham and Ware were 235-240 when they were rooks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom