LSU Pro Day 3-31-2021 (1 Viewer)

Wow. Are you kidding me with that vert?! He slapped all the marker deals all the way to the top. I've never seen that. There were no more markers for him to reach from what I can see. Dude just broke the vertical jump.

He's a player I'm going to keep an eye on. I've been taking him late in mock drafts with the idea of playing him at LB. Sure you take a hit in the run game but having that speed and athleticism on the field would more than make up for it. But I didn't expect him to weigh in at 212 lbs.

JaCoby Stevens is looking like a Day 3 pick at this point. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a talented football player, but he’s a tweener... a little big and stiff for a true SS, and a bit too small and slight for a pure LB. His 40 time and speed measurements will be big for his stock.

Which means Falcons, Tampa , or Carolina will draft him and he will " ball out" everytime they play the Saints

He could probably put on about 5-6 more pounds and be pretty effective, I don't think he'd lose anything in his athleticism, speed or vertical ability to high point. he could still be that hybrid that can play SS and LB. I would like this guy with one of our 3rd round picks.

Marshall might not make it to us after that 4.38. He is the most prototypical Saints WR in the first couple of rounds and a good WR coach away from being elite. Fixing his hands and tightening up his routes, and you have a hell of a weapon. 4.38 is blazing fast for a 6-3 WR. Or any receiver at that. He has CGM size and elite deep speed. Interested to see how his career develops for sure.

Last edited:
It's not like the saints can just chose to select all LSU players and haven't done so.

For the saints to select a LSU player he needs to be the best player available at their pick in their opinion. Sometimes, they can be even be searching for a specific position, so even if there is an LSU players as the best available it might be of a position they just don't want, maybe they even drafted another player of the same position earlier in the draft and don't want to double down.

So, before thinking the saints have something about drafting LSU player people should show situations where an LSU player was absolutely the best choice and the saints just ignored him.
How about drafting Rick Leonard/Natrell Jamison/ Karim Moore (wth?) instead of Russell Gage (dude went in the 6th rd)? Or not trading up to get Kwon Alexander, but opted to stay put and draft Davis Tull (same position) out of Chattanooga? We are still dealing with LB problems. Here’s a good one, Garrett Grayson over Danielle Hunter......although I will say that no one saw Hunter being as good as he is, BUT we all KNEW Grayson was a garbage pick, so why waste it? Here’s my favorite...selecting Stanley Jean-Baptiste when a bunch of us were clamoring for SP to double dip at WR bc Jarvis Landry was still on the board? Ahhhh....bc he wanted his on version of Legion of Boom!
Please 🛑 it and this is just going back to 2014. All I’m saying is that SP should have more intel regarding LSU players bc they are down the interstate. It’s not like LSU doesn’t come up in cooler talks for crying out loud. College teams give their players draft cards of where they are projected to be selected. You think SP can’t get his hands on one of these cards?

Last edited:
Marshall and Vincent are in our drafting possibilities and were impressive. We are screwed back to the wall because teams like the Titans have same needs and are just slightly ahead of us in the selection process.

How about drafting Rick Leonard/Natrell Jamison/ Karim Moore (wth?) instead of Russell Gage (dude went in the 6th rd)? Or not trading up to get Kwon Alexander, but opted to stay put and draft Davis Tull (same position) out of Chattanooga? We are still dealing with LB problems. Here’s a good one, Garrett Grayson over Danielle Hunter......although I will say that no one saw Hunter being as good as he is, BUT we all KNEW Grayson was a garbage pick, so why waste it? Here’s my favorite...selecting Stanley Jean-Baptiste when a bunch of us were clamoring for SP to double dip at WR bc Jarvis Landry was still on the board? Ahhhh....bc he wanted his on version of Legion of Boom!
Please 🛑 it and this is just going back to 2014. All I’m saying is that SP should have more intel regarding LSU players bc they are down the interstate. It’s not like LSU doesn’t come up in cooler talks for crying out loud. College teams give their players draft cards of where they are projected to be selected. You think SP can’t get his hands on one of these cards?

What about all other great players from other schools from 2014 draft we passed to draft SJB? Also, they had drafted a WR in the first round, you can argue they should always draft BPA but maybe they thought a better strategy was to no repeat positions. Maybe you could call them out for incompetence, but not for having something against LSU.

What about all other great players from other schools from 2014 draft we passed to draft SJB? Also, they had drafted a WR in the first round, you can argue they should always draft BPA but maybe they thought a better strategy was to no repeat positions. Maybe you could call them out for incompetence, but not for having something against LSU.
Did you not hear the part about double dipping at WR??? Many of us on here were saying to do it. And you can’t tell me that SJB was higher rated than Juice. Even Stevie Wonder could see that. Plus, I already stated a draft where our team selected two safeties in consecutive rounds. Even if they were selected to possibly be on STs. If you have the chance to add a Jarvis Landry to an existing WR unit that has Colston, Cooks (selected that same draft, so no telling if he pans out), and Jimmy Graham, then why not aim to put up 40-50 points a game, with a Drew freaking Brees at that time? But instead select a “raw” CB? Don’t worry, you don’t have to answer bc the question was asked if LSU players were available when we drafted and I’ve proved my point.

To be fair, Leonard and Jamison are both still playing in the league. Moore would be too, had he not been arrested for domestic violence and put on the exempt list.

Of all of the “needs” the Saints are listed as having, WR is the one that I could see them not really addressing at all this offseason.

Michael Thomas
Trequan Smith
Marquez Callaway
Deonte Harris
Lil’Jordan Humphrey
Ty Montgomery
Juwan Johnson
Jake Lampman

...are all currently on the roster, and Bennie Fowler could easily be brought back (for peanuts). ...and there’s still Austin Carr too 😑

*Taysom Hill can also be “in the mix” if he’s not the winner of the QB job.

LSU fans: Saints don't draft LSU players
Another Saint fan: yeah, but Saints drafted these Tigers
LSU fans: No! You're wrong!

I think it's more coincidence than anything that Saints don't have many LSU players on their team. I mean, at last count, I believe LSU had more players in the league than any other team. I agree with the posters that say the Saints probably have a fly on the wall in Baton Rouge. Coach O was on SP's staff at one point IIRC. Truth be told, that may be the reason some of the guys didn't become Saints. Some were no-brainers but out of reach.

It's not like the saints can just chose to select all LSU players and haven't done so.

For the saints to select a LSU player he needs to be the best player available at their pick in their opinion. Sometimes, they can be even be searching for a specific position, so even if there is an LSU players as the best available it might be of a position they just don't want, maybe they even drafted another player of the same position earlier in the draft and don't want to double down.

So, before thinking the saints have something about drafting LSU player people should show situations where an LSU player was absolutely the best choice and the saints just ignored him.
jarvis landry says hi...we beat seattle if loomis drafts juice

Last edited:
All I’m saying is that SP should have more intel regarding LSU players bc they are down the interstate.
Why?

What do the Saints gain by adding value to a draft prospect just because they played at LSU?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom