LSU QB Max Johnson enters transfer portal (1 Viewer)

Max's brother Jake, who backed out of his LSU commitment last week, signed with Texas A&M today. The aggies QB Calzada entered the portal last week. Anyone want to guess where Max will land?

28-3?

ok i cant stop lol. ill answer no more questions lol

Myles is staying. Word on the street was correct. Now Nussmeier doesn't need to burn his redshirt, I assume.
Myles will not play in the Bowl from what i am hearing. He has not practiced team football in an organized environment since last spring and is still building back from the broken arm.

Still waiting on the Nuss exemption or rolling with a walk on.

Sounds like Nuss wants to keep the redshirt in case Brennan beats him out in 22 and if Walker beats him out in 23, he can transfer before 24 with two seasons left to get the starting gig at his second school.

Now maybe he could get the redshirt in 22 or 23, but if he plays late in blowouts early in the year and then an injury puts him in for a game or two he could lose it.

Of course he could also easily be the starter in those years but he is trying to mitigate risk and the added security in his "career planning" of getting the redshirt now vs a "meaningless" bowl game is a pretty clear decision.

I would point him to the C-Fla game where Burrow stepped up and became the undisputed leader of the team despite a good not great season(Max Johnson's 2021 was better statistically with a weaker supporting cast).

Myles is staying. Word on the street was correct. Now Nussmeier doesn't need to burn his redshirt, I assume.
Brody Miller confirmed Myles is not going to play in the bowl game.

Good luck to him.

I grew up in the Houston area so I spent some time in College station.

When I was in highschool, I was in Kyle Field in 1998 when the Aggies knocked of the #2 Cornhuskers. I also got used as a sportcenter segue to the LSU vs Fla game since I was the only purple spot in a puddle of red, surrounded by a sea of maroon.

That same year I went to the last bonfire before the collapse... and a bunch of parties that weekend.

I also played a yearly lacrosse tournament there 6 times in and after college. With gametime sobriety variying from game to game.

Having had some great weekends in that town, you would think i would be fond of it... but the city and campus have all the individual charm and distinctivness of a suburban strip mall. The bonfire was unique, but outside of that i could literally move ANY of the events or activities i engaged in there to another city/campus and have lost nothing from the experience, and very likely would have enhanced it.

Unless i really wanted to have a cult experience, grow maroon veggies, or study animal "husbandry"... i just dont see a reality in which i would have attended that university.

To me, this is addition by subtraction.
Yes and no.

Max was about to ascend to being a massive star QB next season for LSU.

Instead he is going to waste his last season trying to build chemistry with a new team. I can't believe he made that move, just mind boggling.

For LSU, I think it is a big setback next season but will probably be better for the long term health of the program. I also can't believe Hicks made the move that he did but at least he will be plug and play in Bama's system and he's more likely to play for a NCG. I don't think it much matters. LSU was a better defense without him even though there is no denying his talent.

Yes and no.

Max was about to ascend to being a massive star QB next season for LSU.

Instead he is going to waste his last season trying to build chemistry with a new team. I can't believe he made that move, just mind boggling.

For LSU, I think it is a big setback next season but will probably be better for the long term health of the program. I also can't believe Hicks made the move that he did but at least he will be plug and play in Bama's system and he's more likely to play for a NCG. I don't think it much matters. LSU was a better defense without him even though there is no denying his talent.

The timing might be better with a healthy Myles Brennan to finish his career and then transition to one of the young stud QBs.

I actually like Myles more than Max. I'm glad he came back to us.

He was going off in 2020 before he got injured. There's also not a lot of tape on him, but he'll be a 6th year senior. The QB that takes the field in 2022 will be a lot different than the QB that took the field as a skinny freshman in 2017.

He was going off in 2020 before he got injured. There's also not a lot of tape on him, but he'll be a 6th year senior. The QB that takes the field in 2022 will be a lot different than the QB that took the field as a skinny freshman in 2017.
He also won't have anything to do all day this season except study film and prepare for games...

Max's brother Jake, who backed out of his LSU commitment last week, signed with Texas A&M today. The aggies QB Calzada entered the portal last week. Anyone want to guess where Max will land?
Former Aggie QB Calzada is going to auburn. Hopefully he plays when those 2 teams play next season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom