LSU QB Max Johnson enters transfer portal (1 Viewer)

Obviously Max has no confidence in his ability... WRs at LSU or any QBs dream in college

Why not burn a year? If he is any good, he plays two full years then goes pro.

Especially if incoming Freshman Howard is expected to take his job eventually anyway.

Last edited:
Both sons decide to shun LSU, im guessing their father might have had something to do with it…
I suppose it was all in the family or nothing for the Johnsons.
It'll be interesting to see where we go from here. :scratch:

well-bye-later.gif

This is the most disappointing loss since Aranda. Sad.
This sure looks like the Kelly regime will be totally new from top to bottom.

The fans asked for it, and now we can only hold our breath and watch what happens. :shocked:

This sure looks like the Kelly regime will be totally new from top to bottom.

The fans asked for it, and now we can only hold our breath and watch what happens. :shocked:

I think part of it has to do with the whole "rebuild" - If Johnson wasted this year ( lame duck coaching situation ) and possibly next year ( lil rebuild happening ) they may have thought wasting 2 full years was too much as a soph/junior if he has legit aspirations of NFL and then competing his senior year with the likes of Nuss or Howard.

dems da breaks.

I think part of it has to do with the whole "rebuild" - If Johnson wasted this year ( lame duck coaching situation ) and possibly next year ( lil rebuild happening ) they may have thought wasting 2 full years was too much as a soph/junior if he has legit aspirations of NFL and then competing his senior year with the likes of Nuss or Howard.

dems da breaks.
If you can't win the job, may as well go somewhere with a weaker QB room....has anyone heard of any landing spots?

I dunno, Max played most of the season behind a historically leaky O-Line in terms of pass protection, and we were passing a lot as we struggled to run. He lost his best reciever on a WR core that was already short on experience. The offensive playcalling ranged from iffy to bad. There was a lack of utilization of RB's as recieving threats in our play design.
He was sacked 33 times this year and hit a helluva lot more than that, but he still stood in there and delivered the ball when being crushed.

Oh and the program in general was in dissaray being lead by a coach who was already fired.

Im not saying he was great, but he was not awful as some seem to suggest, and he had to deal with a sheet storm of circumstances.

The program would be better off with him competing with Nuss, snd presumably Howard for the spot next year.

Who knows, competent playcalling and coaching might help.

Any transfers out there that would have 2022 eligibility?

I dunno, Max played most of the season behind a historically leaky O-Line in terms of pass protection, and we were passing a lot as we struggled to run. He lost his best reciever on a WR core that was already short on experience. The offensive playcalling ranged from iffy to bad. There was a lack of utilization of RB's as recieving threats in our play design.
He was sacked 33 times this year and hit a helluva lot more than that, but he still stood in there and delivered the ball when being crushed.

Oh and the program in general was in dissaray being lead by a coach who was already fired.

Im not saying he was great, but he was not awful as some seem to suggest, and he had to deal with a sheet storm of circumstances.

The program would be better off with him competing with Nuss, snd presumably Howard for the spot next year.

Who knows, competent playcalling and coaching might help.

Any transfers out there that would have 2022 eligibility?
I can agree with pretty much all of that. I do think he needs to work on his decision making and pre snap reads. I think we were all spoiled by Joe, because he was pretty good at all that. I still haven't heard of any landing spot for Max yet. You would think he would already have something in the works by now.

I wonder if this is an indication that Coach Kelly wants to go with that 5 star QB recruit who was thinking of committing to ND and decommitting from LSU before Kelly came here...

And his brother decommitted as well...

Jordy Culotta this AM said he spoke w/ Brad Johnson yesterday. The Johnson's didn't have anything bad to say about LSU. They felt it was just time to move on and start fresh.

In other words, who knows?

Two QBs in their first full season as starters.
QB1: 12 G 60%CMP 2814Yds 7.5Y/A 27TD 7Int
QB1: 13 G 57.8%CMP 2894Yds 7.6Y/A 16TD 5int

Yes the first is Max and the second Joe.

I think it is inarguable that Joe was in a more stable situation with a better supporting cast.

Also Joe had not impressed enough to avoid many posters questioning if maybe Myles was the guy with "it".

The CFLA game moved the needle, but there was still a pretty even split in the Tiger nation till the closing minutes of the UT game the following season.

I always thought his throwing motion was strange. I don't know if it's because he's a lefty or not, but it just didn't look right.
Could it be because you can almost watch a full-length motion picture from the time he starts his wind up to when he releases the ball?

Ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration.

A bit.

Two QBs in their first full season as starters.
QB1: 12 G 60%CMP 2814Yds 7.5Y/A 27TD 7Int
QB1: 13 G 57.8%CMP 2894Yds 7.6Y/A 16TD 5int

Yes the first is Max and the second Joe.

I think it is inarguable that Joe was in a more stable situation with a better supporting cast.

Also Joe had not impressed enough to avoid many posters questioning if maybe Myles was the guy with "it".

The CFLA game moved the needle, but there was still a pretty even split in the Tiger nation till the closing minutes of the UT game the following season.

I just dont think Johnson was willing to undergo a new OC and all the stuff that comes with. A full year to understand the scheme and know who is where etc etc. Meanwhile, having the likes of Nuss, Howard and possibility of Arch....so many factors.

I think the hiring of Joe Brady and what he brought to LSU was what molded Burrow into what he became. His offensive scheme played to all strengthss of all players- a perfect storm of ability from QB, RB, TE and WR and it was accentuated by Burrows play.

What we are sorely lacking is RB. That has to be addressed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom