LSU QB Max Johnson enters transfer portal (1 Viewer)

I just dont think Johnson was willing to undergo a new OC and all the stuff that comes with. A full year to understand the scheme and know who is where etc etc. Meanwhile, having the likes of Nuss, Howard and possibility of Arch....so many factors.

I think the hiring of Joe Brady and what he brought to LSU was what molded Burrow into what he became. His offensive scheme played to all strengthss of all players- a perfect storm of ability from QB, RB, TE and WR and it was accentuated by Burrows play.

What we are sorely lacking is RB. That has to be addressed.
If that was the case, it would be kinda poor thinking on his part because when he goes to a new team, he's more than likely going to have a new OC with the added pressures of having to learn new teammates, surroundings, system, etc.

If that was the case, it would be kinda poor thinking on his part because when he goes to a new team, he's more than likely going to have a new OC with the added pressures of having to learn new teammates, surroundings, system, etc.

No doubt.

But transition/assimilation for a kid with his pedigree vs sticking around not knowing if you will split time, lose starting job, not knowing what style of offense will be run etc. Im sure they thought thru and while i hate to see it, it happens. He is doing what he feels is best for him and i cant fault him.

Would have liked to see him stay and grow in year 3 but he thought otherwise.

Max wasn't perfect but he was never the problem....Boutte getting hurt early and the offensive line inconsistensies (especially the inability to run the ball early in the season) were the real culprits....sorry to see him go but next QB up.....

Well, something to remember is that being in the portal =/= gone. Myles has still not transferred out actually.

Johnson, or Myles for that matter, could gauge the opportunities and withdraw from the portal.

The new OC could try to recruit either one back if they wanted. (Of course if that is Nuss it seems unlikely).

Word on the street is that Kelly has spoken to Myles and the conversation was positive. This would be a good move, scholarship-wise. This team needs a veteran QB. I personally feel that Myles is the best QB in the portal. Also, keeping him on the team means they don't need to use one of their 7 portal slots to fill a need. I'd really like to see them bring in some veterans on the OL, DL and CB.

Could it be because you can almost watch a full-length motion picture from the time he starts his wind up to when he releases the ball?

Ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration.

A bit.

He also has very questionable arm strength. When he throws a deep out, that thing is quacking.....

There should be a "Transfer Portal Bowl" where all of these kids in limbo could show off.

Looks like LSU is hoping to get a chance to play Garrett Nussmeier in the Texas Bowl without having to lose his redshirt status. :scratch:

I guess that means talks with Myles aren't going well? If LSU has to go with an emergency type QB (WR, CB, etc.) expect a lot of blitzes and say goodbye to a running threat because the box will be loaded.

Lot's of QBs hitting the transfer portal....

Max's brother Jake, who backed out of his LSU commitment last week, signed with Texas A&M today. The aggies QB Calzada entered the portal last week. Anyone want to guess where Max will land?

Word on the street is that Kelly has spoken to Myles and the conversation was positive. This would be a good move, scholarship-wise. This team needs a veteran QB. I personally feel that Myles is the best QB in the portal. Also, keeping him on the team means they don't need to use one of their 7 portal slots to fill a need. I'd really like to see them bring in some veterans on the OL, DL and CB.

Myles is staying. Word on the street was correct. Now Nussmeier doesn't need to burn his redshirt, I assume.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom