LSU QB situation next year (1 Viewer)

Consigliere

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who does LSU have waiting in the wings, and what is their style/ability? Thanks.

They’ll be in pretty good shape with Brennan. He has an amazing arm and broke tons of HS records in Mississippi. Upcoming season will be his 3rd year, 2nd in this offense. He has some impossible shoes to fill, but with good returning talent(including a great O Line and the best WR in the country) he will have a very good year IMO.

Brennan showed me something at the end of the season. He was hitting drops and getting rid of the ball quickly, he's ready and will be good. He'll be amazingly good compared to LSU QB's prior to Burrow but he wont look as good because he isn't Burrow.

Brennan showed me something at the end of the season. He was hitting drops and getting rid of the ball quickly, he's ready and will be good. He'll be amazingly good compared to LSU QB's prior to Burrow but he wont look as good because he isn't Burrow.
I agree. In 2 years, I think he will be talked about as the second best QB in LSU history.

And we signed Brad Johnson’s son (Max Johnson) 4* this year and also T J Finley 3* dudes 6’6” 250 PRP style QB.

I heard a lot of complaints about Brennan's play this year from fans, but I don't recall ever seeing him play with the #1's. When they subbed in Myles, Jefferson, Chase, Marshall, etc. were all sitting down, too. I think we will be very happy with him next season.

I heard a lot of complaints about Brennan's play this year from fans, but I don't recall ever seeing him play with the #1's. When they subbed in Myles, Jefferson, Chase, Marshall, etc. were all sitting down, too. I think we will be very happy with him next season.

Brennan is going to get punished by a lot of fans for the crime of not being Joe Burrow

No, he wont be as good as Burrow but with the talent we have our offense will remain very potent

Brennan is going to get punished by a lot of fans for the crime of not being Joe Burrow

No, he wont be as good as Burrow but with the talent we have our offense will remain very potent
If he hangs around long enough to be a Senior, he will be a full time football player his final season, too. I fully expect him to finish second on every list where Burrow is #1 when it's all said and done.

In the Oklahoma he got one series with the first and he looked very good. LSU fans are going to have a hard time lowering their expectations. If he turns out to be a very good QB, he will still not be Burrow. Burrow is probably a once in a life time QB for LSU.

The key to Brennan and the future QB’s is that we locked Brady up for 3 years! Sadly that doesn’t mean he will stay that long as his contract allows him to leave for higher positions. If the offense repeats what it did this year I don’t see how Brady doesn’t get multiple college HC or NFL OC offers. Hopefully Coach O and Brady can bring in someone who can learn from Brady to continue the offense.

Well Joe Brady has agreed to become the offensive coordinator for the Panthers, so Brennan will be at a disadvantage compared to Burrow. Ensminger is good OC, but working with Brady made him excellent. Would've been good to be able to compare Burrow to Brennan with essentially the same puzzle pieces in place, but now there are other complicating variables to be able to make a good comparison. My guess is Brennan will still be good, but we'll need to lean more on the run next year.

I'm confused with people's expectations that LSU fans will have unrealistic expectations for Btennan. Burrow just had the best season in the history of college football. Has anyone met someone who expects Brennan to also have the best season in college football history?

LSUs offense was pretty balanced, too. I recall reading that the play calling was 52%/48% pass/run. LSU never really got too far away from running the ball. The pass was sometimes used to set it up. The blocking was mostly 5 man with some 6 man blocking schemes. The threat of throwing the ball kept defenses honest. The biggest difference however was that LSU put 5 skill players into play for the ball on every snap and let the defense decide who goes free. One-on-one, the offensive skill players LSU lines up will almost always win.

You wish a guy like Brady the best, but don't forget that Orgeron hired him. He can hire someone else like him. In fact, there might already be a candidate on staff in the analysts group. Slinger knows how to call plays and coach. Without Burrow, the offense will change some anyway so while losing Brady stinks, it doesn't spell doom like the rest of the SEC is hoping.

Well Joe Brady has agreed to become the offensive coordinator for the Panthers, so Brennan will be at a disadvantage compared to Burrow. Ensminger is good OC, but working with Brady made him excellent. Would've been good to be able to compare Burrow to Brennan with essentially the same puzzle pieces in place, but now there are other complicating variables to be able to make a good comparison. My guess is Brennan will still be good, but we'll need to lean more on the run next year.

Why would you want to compare them?

As i said in another post, it was the QB/receiver communication that made this special. It is up to Brennan and the WR/TE/RB to develop that level of trust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom