LSU receives 3 championship rings after perfect season (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
The SEC Championship ring was the first LSU won, and it features several distinctive features. First and most obviously is the color, a characteristic as unique to LSU as any other. Yellow gold and sixteen purple stones adorn the face for LSU’s 16 conference championships, and the scores of all eight conference wins in 2019 line the interior of the ring. One side features the score of the championship game in Atlanta and the text “Geaux Tigers.” The other features the owner’s name and position with another signature phrase: “One Team. One Heartbeat.” These “aren’t just slogans on the wall,” Ponamsky says, but missives Orgeron repeats constantly, mantras that guide the teams. They’re words that, like the ring that bears them, are “all about LSU,” Stringfellow said.

The CFP ring usually comes standard, but LSU, in fitting fashion, added its own distinct touch. The CFP ball logo is gold, and it sits atop each ring won every year by the season’s champion. “It was just going to be silver (around the ball), and we kind of just threw it out there: It’d be cool if we had purple stones in there,” Stringfellow added. “Nobody’s ever asked that before.” Jostens, the creator of the rings, agreed, the first time they’ve changed the top of the ring for a CFP winner. “If you ask for permission, sometimes you get it,” Ponamsky laughed. “Begging for forgiveness doesn’t get you the results that you want.”
The crown jewel of the group is the LSU-issued national championship ring. An unprecedented season deserves an unprecedented ring, and that’s exactly what the Tigers designed. Stringfellow was around for both the 2003 and 2007 design processes, which were modeled after the New England Patriots title-winning tokens. “The rings we ended up with this time look like no ring that’s ever been done,” he said. “The national championship ring is the first time they’ve done a ring that shape and size in their history.”

SWUK2KUTGRHU7BTYJDHEWNVDRY.jpg

I dont understand why there are 2 national championship rings.

from my understanding 1 is the official CFP ring and the other was made by LSU. As to why I guess because why not.

One is the generic ring given by the CFP committee. The LSU folks didnt feel their season was worthy of a generic ring, hence the one given out by LSU. The box they all came in was pretty nice as well. It's pretty first class and yet another recruiting tool for LSU.

Helluva season, they deserve to reap the rewards...

Were the rings all fitted for the ring finger or for individual fingers to be worn as a set? :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom