LSU: Spring Football 2013 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
A quick depth chart from the articles and some (uneducated) guessing:

QB: Mettenberger, Rivers, 2 Freshmen (Bolden is injured), Magee (Wildcat)
RB: Blue, Hill, Hilliard, Magee (Blue wearing No Contact jersey)
FB: Copeland
WR: Beckham, Boone, Petersen, Duval
TE: Stokes, Dickson, Dillon
LT: Collins
LG: Washington, Austin
C: Williford, Pocic
RG: Turner, Faniaka
RT: Alexander
WR: Landry, Wright, Armand Williams, Diarse

DE: Hunter, Feist
DT: Ferguson, Micky Johnson
NT: Freak, Quentin Johnson
DE: Rasco, Allen
SLB: Welter, Kwon
MLB: Barrow, Louis
WLB: Jones, Debo
CB: Jalen #1, Dwayne Thomas
SS: Loston, Thompson
FS: Martin, Eugene, Sandolph
CB: Jalen #2

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jZeLeuEpuVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hunter looks like Mingo. I wonder why he didn't play last season?

TigerRag - 2013 LSU Football Spring Practice Report: Day One

TigerRag - LSU Spring Football Practice Report, Day Two (3/15)

I'm hearing that Jennings is looking very, very good so far in practice. Great accuracy and can throw on the run. Also Hunter is indeed the next Mingo.

That's Jalen Mills, #28 throwing people around like rag dolls and Corey Thompson., #12 running through people. They'll be in Baton Rouge for a couple more years.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oEZjsDVjubA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol I am usually not one of those "look at the goofy white dude" people, but #29 kept running out there and getting absolutely destroyed. I am not trying to knock the kid because I would have looked embarrassingly bad in his shoes, but he looked like a bug hitting a windshield...repeatedly.

We have 4 DT's on that depth chart. 3 of them have the last name Johnson.

Read on another board that Jordan Allen has been getting the reps ahead of Hunter. His head is more into the playbook and he has good technique. They want Hunter to win the job because he has a high ceiling and can be special, but Allen has the job right now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tRI8PGHFwXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We have 4 DT's on that depth chart. 3 of them have the last name Johnson.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qoYsfbq3vMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

senior quarterback Zach Mettenberger stands head and shoulders above the rest of the quarterbacks on the roster.

Mettenberger&#8217;s throws were on the money at a chilly and windy day out on the practice fields. Receivers were having trouble holding on to some poorly thrown passes, but they seemed to catch all of Mettenberger&#8217;s because they were on the mark.

There is still a lot of time left before the 2013 season is underway and Mettenberger didn&#8217;t have a defense in his face making things difficult, so this is in no way a statement saying he is on his way to an all conference season. But he is doing exactly what he needs to do at this point, and that is be an example for the other quarterbacks on the roster.

That is really nice to read. Hopefully, a year under his belt of dealing with SEC pass rushers will have given him the experience he needs to deal with and overcome them.
Also nice to read how Cameron is on them and not allowing for "reasons not to make the play" but insisting on personal responsibility for making plays. Very promising to see that in print. Thanks for the links, MLU.

senior quarterback Zach Mettenberger stands head and shoulders above the rest of the quarterbacks on the roster.

Mettenberger’s throws were on the money at a chilly and windy day out on the practice fields. Receivers were having trouble holding on to some poorly thrown passes, but they seemed to catch all of Mettenberger’s because they were on the mark.

There is still a lot of time left before the 2013 season is underway and Mettenberger didn’t have a defense in his face making things difficult, so this is in no way a statement saying he is on his way to an all conference season. But he is doing exactly what he needs to do at this point, and that is be an example for the other quarterbacks on the roster.

i REALLY hope SOMEONE works on mettenberger's fundamentals. he is tall, with natural, long wingspan. he holds the ball so LOW and due to that, his release takes FOREVER. he has a very inconsistent throwing motion, as well. with trying to get the ball out quicker sometimes, he ends up stopping his full motion (never getting to the 3/4 motion of rotation to release with arm over top) and ends up "side arming" the ball since runs out of time, before the motion is completed properly. if someone would just get him proper tweaking, he could take his game to the next level.

rivers is a tall, rangy QB as well and he has the same mechanical issues.

i hope we can have some better offensive assistance this offseason. qb's seem to always be on their own working with their "natural talent" and never TRULY developed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom