LSU Spring Game Highlights (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on 1st quarter:

Mett: made some very sharp throws early, especially to Beckham, who looked very good; shouldn't have thrown the ball on the roll out near the end zone; good pass to Durai, who should have caught the ball, on the following play. Nice recovery on the fumbled snap getting the ball downfield to Diarse. Excellent throw to a well covered Landry for a completion. Literally only one step too far a throw to Landry on the long bomb play action, then led Beckham too much. He and his WRs need a little more timing work, obviously.

1st team offense generally looked very sharp. Nice blocking and good runs from Jeremy Hill.

Jennings looks like a Freshman. I could tell by his body language he was going to run on that first drop back pass play. Terrible decision on the throw over the middle, should have been picked off. Made a couple of nice short route throws. No worries, just looks like a freshman learning.

Of course, it appears to me that Jennings is having to face the 1st team defense and Mett is getting 2nd team, so that has to be figured in the equation.

Thoughts on 2nd quarter:

Jennings worries me on some plays, looking a bit like JJ abandoning the pass too quickly and running. He's a nice runner, but rather see him stick to the play. Ont eh other hand, he made a very nice long pass to Boone. He's definitely more effective on the short pass right now (again, like one would expect of a freshman).

His running backs are having almost no luck against the 1st team defense.

Another sharp pass from Mett over a couple of defenders to Beckham on a rollout; and a really nice long ball to him over double coverage (excellent job by Beckham beating that coverage); beauty of a TD pass to Landry, who also beat double coverage; another excellent strike to a wide open TE for TD; perfect strike to Beckham for the long bomb TD! Bobbled snap near the end kills that drive, though nice completion to Beckham on the 3rd down.

Beckham did some serious ownage in both quarters. He looks great.

Our kickers look scary bad for both purple and white teams, missing FGs and PATs.

I know Hill was going up against some young guys on the Purple Defense but his quick feet and vision are looking very good. Hilliard looked pretty good also playing behind the 2nd string Oline. QB and WR's definitley need to work on their timing. Mett over threw 2 WR's there at the end of the 1st Quarter that would have gone for a TD and a huge gain.

Mett had zero touch on the deep ball in the first quarter. I hope Cam Cameron helps him in that department.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom