LSU Spring Game on ESPN2 at 3:00pm today (1 Viewer)

We really need someone to step up at QB

Recap of the first half:

1. Skill players look awesome, R. Randle looks great physically, dropped a few, R. Shep looks like the playmaker of our offense just needs to be more polished catching the ball, M.Ford looks like the better RB out there today with alot of broken tackles

2. We look like crap at QB, BUT Lee shows more promise than AB part II aka Jordan Jefferson

3. Defensively we have bright and bad spots, Mingo looks ledgit off the edge as a pass rusher, Loston looks like he's gunna fill Chad Jones's spot, P. Peterson looks like a top 5 NFL pick(love watching him go one on on with Randle), They also have good red zone D once again, can't stop the run at all, poor tackling all around

4. O-line looks better run blocking, as for pass blocking its been up and down all game

If we can have SOMEONE step up at QB with the skill players we have we could have a ledgit offense, with RR, RS, TT at WR and M. Ford at RB we look good

So is the spring game over? What happened second half? Anyone got some stats to post? I am on my cell phone.

Anyone attend the game?

Craig James sure has a hard on for Garrett Lee.

Well, at least we have a run game now.
Interesting that the Tigers have lived in 22 personnel in pro sets, abandoning the 5 wide stuff with Crowton of 08-09.

Anyone attend the game?

Craig James sure has a hard on for Garrett Lee.

Well, at least we have a run game now.
Interesting that the Tigers have lived in 22 personnel in pro sets, abandoning the 5 wide stuff with Crowton of 08-09.

No he doesn't, lee was the better QB today by far,am i the only one who thinks lee is a better QB than JJ

No he doesn't, lee was the better QB today by far,am i the only one who thinks lee is a better QB than JJ

Lee played much better at QB than Jefferson did today... but neither are currently the caliber of QB we need if we want to have a chance of taking the west. The middle of our D looked soft as well... some of the teams with large interior lines could have shoved it down our throats at will, hopefully that is rectified.

Anyone else agree with ian about lee? Anyone have a link to some stats? Or a recap?

I have been a Jefferson guy until today. Now I think it should be an open competition. Nothing against Jefferson, and it was only a practice game, but I was hoping to at least see 1 thing: quicker decisions and that did NOT come. Don't get me wrong, he may have reverted to his more natural self, holding onto the ball, because he is more comfortable that way and this was his first game back. But today was the first time I had any concern about him. Hence my thoughts that maybe it should be a full competition. Then again, Lee's pick-6 was another head slammer.

It's a spring game. No way in hell does Garrett Lee perform better than Jefferson in a real game. It takes time for a young QB to get the timing and anticipation down, not to mention the playbook. That's been the entire issue at QB for LSU the past two years, so starting back over again is just stupid to even mention.

Besides, everything I have heard is that Jefferson looks head and shoulders better than any other QB on the roster in practice.

so starting back over again is just stupid to even mention.

I think starting over would be discussing having a brand new guy come in and play, such as Chris Garrett. Did you watch yesterday's practice? It was the exact same QB play as last year; and that will single-handedly keep us down, unless, like I said, it was an anomaly.

I think starting over would be discussing having a brand new guy come in and play, such as Chris Garrett. Did you watch yesterday's practice? It was the exact same QB play as last year; and that will single-handedly keep us down, unless, like I said, it was an anomaly.
I haven't seen it yet. I was told by three people that neither QB looked very good. Out of all the scrimmages that I have attended at LSU, I don't recall any QB ever looking good including Russell and Flynn. It's a scrimmage. Defenses usually have the edge in early practices. I don't think it really matter if the O-Line doesn't get it's act together. Not Drew Brees himself would have looked good behind that terrible line last season.

Lee eliminated himself from contention last season. He was worse than terrible. That's just not going to happen. I heard he threw an interception that would have been returned for a TD.

Has there been a black QB at LSU who hasn't been compared to AB since 2000?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom