LSU to use two qbs (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Coach Les Miles wouldn't say today.

"I will not name a starter until I talk to my team."

He did, however, indicate he plans to have a two quarterback system with Etling and the QB he replaced in the win over Jacksonville State, Brandon Harris.

"We will need both guys to play in every game," Miles stated. "We are not turning out back in any way on competition at that position."
WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - Miles To Use 2 Quarterback System 'in Every' LSU Game

I feel sorry for you guys. He is like the spoiled person that gets everything he wants and doesn't appreciate it.

So, a return of the Miles of old. I choose to forget the days when he used to play musical chairs with the QB position. Apparently he hasn't learned anything. Meh.

Well, he won a MNC with a two-QB system, so I don't mind returning to the Miles of old. This new Miles is the one that blows.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is so freaking stupid! He can't handle one quarterback properly, but suddenly he's going to handle two! Okay.

And here I was stupid enough to think we could turn it around if Etling continued to develop. This is so frustrating.

State is playing better, they might actually win this weekend.

Now if only Southern could pull off the upset on October 15th, I would get what I want (2 SEC wins for USM) and yall would get what you want (Miles fired; better coach replaces him).

:ezbill:

Not earth shattering but disappointing nonetheless:
Rabalais: As Les Miles tries to keep Brandon Harris engaged, Harris leaves clues to his post-benching psyche | LSU | theadvocate.com

Does Harris really believe that he should not have been benched?

I was hoping that the benching could give him a little perspective and maybe settle him down but now I think we have an entitlement issue.

I'd still like to see what he can do but I don't feel as bad for him as I did. If he never sees the field again... no biggie.

Yeah, he's really showing that he's not leadership material. I didnt want to believe it when I saw him pouting on the sidelines, but it seems the case now. He was reportedly the first LSU player to the locker room.

IMO, Miles is trying to coddle Harris in an effort not to lose him. If history is any indicator of future events, look for Etling to have a very short leash.....then more of the same (Jefferson, Jennings, now Harris).

But with ample time (and reps with the first unit), I think Etling can hold onto the job. He's not a young, inexperience kid that doesn't know the playbook. To me, he clearly has better accuracy and intangibles....but that's based off of a small sample size. I do know, from a much larger sample size, that Brandon Harris is not good enough to win in the SEC. Blame the coaches, blame whomever....Harris just ain't got it.

Unless things really turn for the better, I see LSU with as many as 4-5 losses this season. That will be enough to make the move. I can finally agree with the masses....it's time.

Harris's attitude says Justin McMillan should be the #2 QB. He can pout all the way to an FCS school for all I care. He's more than had his chance.

Yeah, he's really showing that he's not leadership material. I didnt want to believe it when I saw him pouting on the sidelines, but it seems the case now. He was reportedly the first LSU player to the locker room.

Dude was trying to beat the refs off the field, I hope he transfers...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.. Brandon Harris headed to the locker room before the team sang the alma mater - <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/wgnosports?src=hash">#wgnosports</a> <a href="https://t.co/ndJ5rhGjjh">pic.twitter.com/ndJ5rhGjjh</a></p>&mdash; Ed Daniels (@WGNOsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/WGNOsports/status/774817130265010176">September 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This decision was a lot easier on coach Miles than admitting he didn't know which guy was the better QB.

Etling has earned the starting spot sat night. If he struggles, yank him.
Stop coddling these kids and start playing the best guy.

The fans deserve that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom